Who is L’Oréal?
L'Oréal is the world's largest and most profitable beauty company. Present in over 150 countries, L’Oréal has catered to all forms of beauty in the world for over 100 years and has built an unrivalled portfolio of more than 35 international, diverse and complementary brands including L'Oréal Paris, Garnier, Maybelline New York, Nyx Professional Makeup, IT Cosmetics, Lancôme, Kiehl's, Urban Decay, Shu Uemura, Giorgio Armani, Yves Saint Laurent Beauté, Ralph Lauren, Diesel, Biotherm, Clarisonic, Kérastase, L'Oréal Professionnel, Matrix, Vichy, and La Roche-Posay.
For more than a century, L’Oréal has devoted itself solely to one business: beauty. The group's mission is to provide the best in cosmetics innovation to women and men around the world with respect for their diversity. We want to bring beauty to all people. Our ambition for the coming years is to win over another one billion consumers around the world by creating the cosmetic products that meet the infinite diversity of their beauty needs and desires.
Our business is energetic and vibrant, underpinned by strong ethical principles and our belief that financial performance and responsible business go hand-in-hand. We are driven each day by our six founding values - Passion, Innovation, Entrepreneurial Spirit, Open-mindedness, Quest for Excellence and Responsibility.
Why join us?
Being the world's #1 beauty company, L'Oréal empowers its people who are ready to take bets, think out of the box, defend their convictions, be resilient and leave their own mark. They are offered numerous opportunities, fast track careers and early responsibilities. L'Oréal has ambitious goals and is striving for excellence. This permanent learning experience helps you stretch your potential.
Each day at L’Oréal, you will lead the change you want to see. You’ll have no normal day. You’ll strive and drive. You’ll create and forge your own path. You'll try, fail, try better and succeed. You'll collaborate with our people, partners, community and grow from experiences and challenges. You'll be surrounded by the best, pushing yourself to learn fast and changing the future of Beauty.
What will you do?
As a Trade Communications Manager, you will work under the Commercial Support and Operations Department (CSOD) of the Consumer Product Division (CPD), report to the Senior Trade Operations Manager and be expected to:
- Act as steward of an assigned category, to achieve business objectives by 1.) Ensuring all agreed activities is executed as planned 2.) Influence category plans by leveraging on available intelligence
- Translate Marketing and Commercial plans to per channel, trade plans.
- Handle the head office operations and coordination of all commercial activities to ensure efficient implementation in trade.
- Support Retail team in achieving store execution excellence, by working with stakeholder on defining the assortment, look of success and planogram per channel.
Individual Business Objective
- Trade plan creation
- Assortment and POG development
- Product life cycle management
- Category ownership
Who are we looking for?
- A graduate with a degree in business or equivalent with an understanding of trade operations and the peculiarity of different commercial channels
- Displays sensitivity to L’Oreal’s “Metier”
- Deeply passionate about beauty and wants to build a career in the beauty and cosmetics industry
- Exhibits strong operational skills and excellent in communication both written and oral
- Driven, proactive, energetic and detail-oriented