Job title: Ecommerce Copywriter (based in Singapore)
Department: Zone APAC CPD division
Position in the organization: Reports to the APAC CPD CDO
The ecommerce copywriter will be responsible for the copy of our products for ecommerce and social media activation. The ideal candidate will write compelling copy for our ecommerce pages (banners, product page, and promotional messages) but also a variety of other formats, as needed, such as short formats videos, gifs, A+ content and more.
It will be a critical role for transforming concepts into words and have demonstrated experience developing, persuasive, consumer friendly and SEO copy to attract and engage consumers. She/ he will be in charge of continuously test and optimize content to improve engagement and lead conversion.
Passionate about beauty and makeup, this position is for you.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Develop long and short form copy to support global and regional marketing efforts for ecommerce activation
- Produce high-quality and SEO optimized copy to increase organic traffic and/or drive conversion.
- Brainstorm with marketing and content team members and project leads to develop content for new campaigns.
- Write clear, concise and grammatically correct copy
- Translate technical products/features into business benefits and ensure accuracy of product information
- Revise, edit and proofread written assets prior to delivery.
- Understand different language/cultural styles that appeal to various regional markets
- Bachelor’s degree (English, Journalism, Marketing or related field)
- 2-3 years of demonstrated ecommerce/ digital marketing copywriting experience with a strong focus on ecommerce (writing/content samples required)
- Excellent writing abilities to address multiple audiences while maintaining a consistent brand voice
- Experience with web markup language and search engine optimization
- Highly creative with strong written and verbal communication skills, and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Able to work independently and be self-motivated while still working within a team environment and fostering a strong team collaboration