Job Summary: Working within the picking, packing, and preparation of outbound shipments. Auditing of the outbound shipments as well as cycle counting bins within the warehouse for Quality Control. May also be responsible for operating Class 3 (Walkie-Rider, Electric Pallet Jack or Masted Electric Pallet Jack) powered material handling equipment (MHE) to move and stack merchandise under the site’s safety guidelines.
- Required: High School diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Preferred: 1 year experience in warehouse environment
- Must be able to read, count accurately, do simple math and write legibly
- The ability to follow directions with emphasis on safety is extremely important
- Familiarity with MHE is required
- Must have responsible work habits.
- Must meet OSHA and company requirements for MHE training and certification.
- Obtain L’Oreal approved Class 3 PIT 2 certification.
- Must be able to read, count accurately, do simple math and write legibly.
- Lift up to 35lbs.
- Bend, twist, stand for up to 8 hours per day. The ability to follow directions with emphasis on safety is extremely important.
Tasks, Duties & Responsibilities
- Equipment: Load, unload, move, stack and stage product and materials using Class 3 powered equipment.
- Maintain equipment and materials in a neat, clean and orderly fashion.
- On a daily basis, inspect and perform minor maintenance on assigned equipment.
- Operate all equipment in a safe and efficient manner following prescribed work methods and OHSA standards.
- Quality: Ensure inbound and outbound shipments are accurate and free of damage. Report quality variances.
- Receiving/ Putaway: Unload inbound shipments safely and move product to storage locations.
- Efficiently stack and store the merchandise in the appropriate areas.
- BOM(Bill of Material) Picking: Pick product and collateral materials for assembly/special pack production, ensuring that the exact number and type of product is loaded accurately into the BOM.
- Order Picking: Pull and prepare product for shipment, ensuring that the exact number and type of product is loaded and shipped.
- Perform labeling, sorting, wrapping, packing, and repacking, and repacking as needed.
- Perform ‘special requirements’ for specific orders as defined by customer requirement (gift wrapping, spill packaging, etc.)
- Loading: Efficiently move product from staging and/or storage areas into rail cars, trailers or containers.
- Safety, Housekeeping, Security: Maintain a clean, neat and orderly work area.
- Support and abide by the company’s safety program and all safety initiatives, policies and procedures
- Assist in maintaining the security of the warehouse
- Conduct operations in a manner that promotes safety
- Comply with OHSA and other applicable standards. Report issues and problems to Management
- Inventory: Keep appropriate records and reports to guarantee that tight inventory control and security are maintained.
- Assist in physical inventories.
- Ensure proper stock rotation.
- Communication: Coordinate as necessary with all other departments/functions.
- Value-Add Services: May help pick pack, light assembly and record storage
- Pick and pack is defined as order picking and/or assembly of products in less than or full case lots
- Perform special projects/tasks as assigned
- Acts with human sensitivity: Demonstrates respect
- Commitment to CPD Operations Values: Trust and Trustworthiness, Respect, Teamwork, Innovation, Accountability
- Interacts effectively: Listens and communicates effectively
- Displays sensitivity to the “Metier” of L’Oreal: Focuses on quality
- Demonstrates entrepreneurship: Takes initiative and focuses on customers
- Achieves results with integrity: Conveys energy, acts with integrity, and focuses on results
- Innovates: Shows curiosity and promotes team creativity
- Manages complexity: Reasons from multiple perspectives
Judgement and Decision Making
Close to moderate supervision required for this position
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.