Job Title: eCommerce Web Development Manager
Location: New York, NY
- Lead the Demandware-based web development and maintenance for 3 – 5 professional and consumer sites across the Professional Products Division.
- Support ongoing enhancements of each site through custom front-end HTML and CSS (e.g., email templates, new content slots, product launches, promotions, etc.).
- Oversee back-end development partners and manage bug fixes & enhancements with 3rd party tools/integrations.
- Collaborate with Digital IT to manage the code release schedule for each site.
- Develop and manage responsive experiences on cross-browser, cross-platform devices.
- Provide oversight and collaborate with other developers and designers to implement new and exciting features on each site.
- Recommend new desktop and mobile technology solutions to support for each site’s innovation strategy.
- Maintain and improve development processes.
- Provide recommendations and collaborate with corporate IT division on CAPEX spend and allocation
A minimum of 5 years of web development experienceBachelors degree in Computer Science or related technical concentration requiredPrior experience/certification with Demandware or other e-commerce platform (Magento, Hybris, GSI) a plusPMI Certification a plusPrior experience with SiteCore a plus
- Advanced knowledge of page level development using HTML, CSS
- Experience with XML a plus
- Experience in Demandware ISML language and Demandware Site Genesis a plus
- Experience in Ajax, Flex, DHTML a plus
- Familiarity with Adobe Photoshop, and Illustrator
- Fluent in object oriented design and development principles
- Experience with mobile web development
- Experience working with HTML5 Video and other HTML5 DOM APIs
- Understanding of semantic web architecture
- Experience with version control tools(Subversion, Git, Mercurial)
- Experience with backend integration tools (PHP, JSP, Ruby)
- Experience in A/B testing set-up and strategies
Judgment and Decision Making:
- Eye for performance-based design
- Understanding of SEO/SEM best practices in web development
- Ability to work in a team environment and clearly communicate
- Ability to manage personal workload and delegate effectively
- Ability to balance and manage competing priorities
- Understanding of agile web development principals a plus
The role will require close supervision to maintain proper corporate direction. There will be frequent interaction with eCommerce leadership to align on status of web development initiatives on eCommerce road map.
Develop dynamic web & email applications and maintenance of codebase each site (70%)Manage external development partners, collaborate with back-end development partners on web development initiatives (10%)Oversee Quality Assurance vendor to ensure bug tickets are prioritized, addressed, and trackedWork with deployment team on code deployment schedule for each site (5%)Explore and recommend new technology opportunities to support each site’s innovation strategy (5%)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.