Manager – Process Improvement
Director - Operations
SalonCentric is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.
SUMMARY (describe in a few sentences, the overall role):
Analyzes and designs sequence of operations and work flow to improve efficiencies in facility and equipment layouts. Conducts studies pertaining to cost control, cost reduction, inventory control, and production.
- Identify and develop operational models, reports and systemic tools to achieve operational efficiency within a high volume, SKU-intensive, e-commerce order fulfillment center.
- Conduct time & motion studies and evaluate production standards.
- Assist in future development of procedural enhancements and ongoing Lean initiatives to promote operations optimization.
- Work closely with other engineering disciplines in the development and application of automation and/or robotics to increase production quality, efficiency, or volume.
- Develop and enhance labor and productivity models to ensure all operational KPIs are achieved, evaluate operational processes, monitor KPIs daily and ensure achievement of all goals on all shifts.
- Quickly adapt to different working environments, build relationships and be able to work and lead teams efficiently for success.
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing at all levels of the organization to include Senior Leadership and know when to escalate impediments and barriers.
- Design new processes to improve safety, boost productivity, quality and profitability.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS: (To include relevant work experience, competencies and education requirements):
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, logistics, information systems management, industrial engineering or other relevant discipline required.
- Three to five years engineering and/or industry experience required.
- Experience in project management methodologies to develop solution driven strategy plans required.
- Strong computer, analytical, and communication skills to include advanced proficiency in Microsoft Access, Excel and PowerPoint applications and presentation skills.
- Experience writing procedures, work instructions, and other related documents.
- Must be flexible, organized, detail-oriented, and ability to multi-task.
- Need strong organizational and time management skills with ability to manage multiple projects and set priorities.
- Knowledge of SAP a plus.
- May need to investigate and resolve issues on the warehouse floor as necessary.
Must be able to wear protective eyewear, footwear, hand protection (gloves) and safety vests.