Tipo de posição: Permanent
Tipo de emprego: Full - Time
Local: New York - New York
Job Title: Public Relations Manager
Supervisor Title: AVP, Redken Haircolor Marketing
This position will be responsible for managing daily relationships with both trade and consumer editors, developing product launch strategies in alignment with marketing, social, and education, and managing event development and execution. This role needs to liaise cross-functionally on a daily basis to ensure our initiatives and key brand priorities are fully integrated and communicated to the press and other digital outlets, and across PPD and L’Oreal. This role will also assist with professional and consumer facing influencer campaigns, Fashion Week initiatives, brand sponsorships, industry events, and trade show support.
A few years of Beauty industry experience is preferred with strong media relationships a requirement. Fashion Week experience strongly preferred. In addition, someone comfortable with a fast-paced environment, juggling regularly shifting priorities, with a results-oriented approach and a can-do attitude, will be best poised for success. This position reports to the AVP, Redken Haircolor Marketing, working closely with the Director, Brand Communications.
* 4+ years experience in Beauty Public Relations liaising with Beauty Editors and Directors
* Bachelor’s degree required
* Excellent organizational skills with avid attention to detail and follow through
* Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
* Well-developed organizational and conceptual development skills and ability to follow through and complete multiple tasks and goals
* A strong interest and understanding of the beauty/fashion/lifestyle area.
* Excellent personal manner, outgoing personality, comfortable dealing with many external contacts and representing Redken to the media, salon owners and partners, and other influencers in a positive light
* Must be willing to travel for press events, trade shows, and other industry events and activations
JUDGMENT AND DECISION MAKING
* Daily reactive and proactive contact with trade and consumer editors, including sending press releases, creative pitches, product and follow up to ensure placement
* Oversee press mailings from concept to execution
* Support AVP, Redken Haircolor Marketing in sharing key press placements, reporting press analytics, and presentation creation
* Ensure Director, Brand Communications, is aware of haircolor priorities and help to identify press-facing opportunities
* Input on strategic communications plans for launches and special events
Tasks, Duties & Responsibilities
% of time spent.
Total should = 100%
Manages relationships with trade and consumer editors, brand ambassadors, celebrity stylists, and Redken Artist network to include in press releases, media pitches, trend guides, and artist spotlight features; maintain up to date media list
Work cross-functionally with Brand Communications to help manage professional and consumer facing event development and execution, Fashion Week initiatives, and brand/industry activations
Manage agencies’ workflow for event logistics, press mailers, and press credit tracking
Drafting Brand Presentations, Reporting & Analytics