Project Manager is responsible for the planning, budgeting and oversight of key innovation projects with an emphasis on disruptive projects in the area of Research and Innovation. The Project Manager will be responsible for setting the scope, building the project plan and monitoring the timeline to ensure the team meets the deliverable on time and within budget.
Key Job Responsibilities:
The project manager will be tasked with the following:
- Defining the multidisciplinary composition of the project group with each project leader, in addition to the project phases, schedule and deliverables
- Overseeing schedules and coordinating all parties and deliverables involved (innovation/deadline/cost/quality)
- Responsible for facilitating R&I Open Labs
- Ensuring that all milestones are reached with the highest level of efficiency and creativity, and reporting back on the project status at every phrase
- Reporting back to leaders/sponsors on project progress, obstacles and key decisions (concerning finances, abandonment, etc.) to be made
- Builds Project Plan with the Team
- Helps set realistic, achievable boundaries so the team can accomplish the project within the approved timelines
- Monitors timeline(s)
- Manages stakeholder expectations
- Anticipates / identifies deviations from timeline or pain points
- Escalate timing / resource constraints
- Minimum 5 years of business experience in Project Management supporting complex or large-scale projects in Research and Development.
- Experience in the professional care/cosmetic industry preferred
- Experience working within cross functional teams
- Experience supporting planning and implementing change management for projects is preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Creative thinker with an ability to offer solutions/opinions within a multi- functional team dynamic.
- Ability to facilitate discussion, progress effectively and manage audience as needed (internally and externally).
- Ability to capture and report out day-to-day activities of matrix project teams.
- Flexibility and adaptability to operate within highly demanding and ever changing project environment with focus on flawless execution.
- Program Management Professional (PMP) or Prince2 certification is preferred.
- Minimum of a Bachelor Degree required.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.