The Facilities & Maintenance Manager has overall responsibility for the maintenance and improvement of facility utility systems, buildings and grounds to eliminate interruptions to ongoing operations and to support growth and modernization goals; Manages contractors, service providers and in house maintenance staff. Administers budget and ensures projects are completed on schedule, and supervises staff.
- Oversee all preventive maintenance programs for all utility, buildings and grounds
- Comply with North Little Rock permitting program, meet all OSHA and other appropriate standards
- Oversee/assure optimal functionality of building systems (HVAC, fire/life safety equipment, RO Water System, Steam network, generators, Compressed Air, etc.)
- Support all facilities improvement projects and oversee all ongoing maintenance in office, factory, warehouse, dock areas and waste water treatment plant.
- Oversee vendors (electrical, HVAC, plumbing, and maintenance staff)
- Ensure that all requirements relating to North Little Rock safety program are respected.
- Ensure adherence of Company Risk Management Policies/Procedures.
- Use the CMMS system to properly document maintenance tasks, work instructions and good management reports.
- Maintain a log on the history of repairs by type of equipment and develop improvement priorities based on trends.
- Oversee operating & capital budgets. Identify and implement cost savings initiatives.
- Recommend, justify, develop, and coordinate projects that modernize facility.
- Ensure all Corporate Insurance requirements are adhered to for vendors/contractors.
- Respond to afterhours facilities related emergencies and determine appropriate course of action to resolve issues.
- Perform special projects/tasks as assigned by management.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering discipline with 5+ years of plant facilities experience.
- 2 or more years of supervising experience.
- Plant maintenance experience to include boilers, chillers, RO water systems, electrical equipment, compressor, HVAC, waste water treatment and processing equipment.
- Strong experience with facility trades including carpentry, electric, plumbing and millwright.
- Experience with material handling equipment, office renovations, and general building maintenance (roofing, floors, overhead doors, etc.)
- Strong safety orientation and demonstrates high regards for safety culture.
- Proficient in basic Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, and other database programs that are used to organize data
- Possess strong communication skills and have the ability to follow through on assigned tasks in order to be an effective representative of the company to outside vendors and contacts
- Ability to perform in a busy, changing, multi-tasking work environment while maintaining professionalism and composure
- Requires ability to physically inspect property (or properties)
- Diplomatic style with professional, positive, friendly manner; practical, “roll up your sleeves” team player work style and positive “can do” attitude
- Self-starter with demonstrated initiative, judgment, decisiveness, confidence and discretion
- High level of professionalism and sound judgment in dealing with senior managers; effectively builds relationships and resources at all levels of the organization
- Extremely well organized; ability to balance competing demands in a very busy environment
- Highly proactive; takes initiative to begin and complete projects; masterful at follow-up and tracking work projects; anticipates and executes tasks before being asked
- Flexible to accommodate last minute changes and demands from multiple sources
- Excellent problem solving ability
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.