Section 1: General Information
Job Title: Mgr - Sales & Operations – Sephora – YSL
Division: International Designer Collections, LUXE
Supervisor Title: FSVP, Sales - Sephora
Location: Field Based
Section 2: Job Summary
International Designer Collections is a group within the L’Oréal Luxe Division at L’Oréal USA. Our luxurious International Designer Collections portfolio includes brands such as Giorgio Armani, Yves Saint Laurent. Ralph Lauren, Viktor & Rolf, Diesel, Maison Margiela, Drakkar, Valentino and Atelier Cologne. IDC has an exciting opportunity available for a Mgr – Sales & Operations – Sephora – YSL.
This position will oversee and drive the educational and marketing deliverables for the Sephora Education Specialist (SES) field force team supporting our Designer Fragrances. The Manager – Sales & Operations will develop and streamline the administrative, educational, and marketing assets for the Fragrance SES Team to keep pace with the needs of Sephora education initiatives at the point of sale.
Section 3: Key Job Accountabilities
People Management/Leadership Responsibilities
- Firmly establish YSL among the top brands within Sephora as it relates to sales, events and educational materials.
- Assist with ongoing training for the SES field force in the areas of product knowledge, selling, artistry, and business management skills.
- Weekly - provide recap of the brand’s business in Sephora and communicate it to the SES field force
- Weekly – hold follow ups with SES team regarding productivity, sales goals, results, and store strategies
- Monthly - communicate event strategies, goals, productivity, and opportunities to the SES field teams.
- Monthly - provide summary to Director, National Sales and Education outlining key messages, trends, highlights, opportunities, action plans, and follow ups where applicable.
- Assist FSVP for Sephora Sales with goal-setting and the mid-year/annual review process for SES Direct Reports
Education Content Management, Development, & Eventing
- Secure collateral from marketing teams for deployment to SES field force
- “Sephorize” YSL product fact sheets and training materials to further strengthen product knowledge and create stronger brand awareness.
- Manage Sephora Brand Video timelines and assets.
- Write scripts in conjunction with marketing and Sephora/YSL education teams
- Create the Brand Video scripts and develop in conjunction with marketing and Sephora/YSL Education Teams.
- Develop strategies for corporate events for new launches and pillar products.
- Manage and deploy event tools, gratis allocations, and assets to the field team to meet Sephora deadlines.
- Secure collateral from marketing teams with deployment to SES field force
Section 4: Required Competencies
1. Acts/Leads with Human Sensitivity
Demonstrates respect, develops others, enriches team dynamics
2. Interacts Effectively
Listens and communicates effectively, actively networks
3. Manages Complexity
Reasons from multiple perspectives, makes decisions
4. Achieves Results with Integrity
Conveys energy, focuses on results, acts with integrity
Shows curiosity, imagines creative solutions, promotes team creativity
6. Demonstrates Entrepreneurship
Takes initiative, focuses on customers, improves business performance, develops a vision
7. Displays Sensitivity to the “Métier” of L’Oreal
Focuses on quality, builds knowledge of the beauty business, understands beauty
Section 5: Experience Requirements
- 5-7 years’ of industry related experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- Proven team management and leadership skills
- Analytical in approach to identifying opportunities
- Strong communication, presentation, and organizational skills
- Creative writing ability
- Results driven and experience owning budget management
- Willing and able to travel overnight
- Proficient computer skills necessary – Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Section 6: Judgment and Decision Making
- Moderate supervision is required for this position. Decisions will have an impact on the sales and brand operations for our Designer Fragrances at Sephora.
Section 7: Essential Physical Requirements
- Ability to lift up to 15 lbs.
Section 8: Financial Scope
- Manage YSL SES Team T&E Budget.
Please note: This job description does not list all duties of the job. Employees may be asked by management to perform other duties. The employer has the right to revise this job description
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.