Position Overview: Performs defined quality control microbiological procedures. Tests and evaluates raw materials, bulk, package components, finished goods, and special samples as required.
Shift: Tuesday – Saturday
- Ensures compliance with current procedures, specifications and methods. Works in compliance with GMPs and L’Oreal requirements
- Maintains accurate records of test results and issues reports as required
- Performs and/or manages air, water, and environmental sampling
- Performs and/or manages microorganism identification on environmental, water and product isolates
- Perform or manage with outside lab media growth promotion testing
- Participates/initiate in investigations following non-conformances and may follow up with suppliers and/or unit production (UP) when applicable.
- Carries out relevant preparation, calibration and validation on reagents and/or equipment where appropriate.
- Maintain accurate records on all isolates
- Performs and/or manages preservative efficacy testing with outside laboratory as appropriate and recording of results
- Responsible for alerting senior member of management of potential problems in the areas of quality control
- May be asked to lead or participate on various quality initiatives or projects.
- Responsible for validating and maintaining the formulas to be tested using the D-count.
- Trouble shooting issues with the D-Count and contact the supplier as needed
Educational or Certification Requirements:
- BS/BA degree in Microbiology or a science degree with microbiology course work.
- 1-2 years experience
- Position requires the application of good aseptic technique during testing of samples and the ability to perform investigations of contamination issues as the need arises.
- Computer skills, to include experience with spreadsheets, presentations, and database management.
- Experience with SAP a plus.
- Good knowledge of GMP/ISO requirements.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Analytical and problem solving skills
Tools and Equipment Used in Job/Environmental Factors:
- Must wear all proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Knowledge of and ability to use relevant laboratory tools and equipment.
- Visual/auditory acuity required to operate equipment and see/hear warning alarms.
- Must work well in a fast paced environment and be able to manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Quality/Lab Experience.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.