SalonCentric, a subsidiary of L’Oreal USA, is the premiere distributor in the United States of salon professional products. Through its hundreds of stores, national field sales force and sub-distribution network, SalonCentric promotes the finest professional beauty brands and educates stylists on the latest products and trends.
JOB SUMMARY :
General responsibilities include management of facility operations that include safety, on time shipping of orders, accurate orders and inventory, achieve productivity and cost targets, establish high performing team and housekeeping that is tour ready condition at all times.
- Provide leadership to the warehouse team, including performance reviews, staff training & development, hiring, terminations, and counseling.
- Responsible for ensuring that all team members abide by safety procedures and use proper protective equipment. Provide frequent communications on safety related subjects and encourage and act on ideas that can improve safety performance. Periodically audit employee practices and provide feedback and coaching
- Manage the daily scheduling of warehouse personnel to ensure proper staffing in order to select and receive products at the facility in a productive and cost-efficient manner.
- Responsible for achieving on time shipment of orders
- Accountable for shipping accurate orders
- Ensure the achievement of continuous improvement in productivity and labor costs by setting expectations, providing feedback, establishing improved processes and driving change.
- Responsible for ensuring inventory accuracy
- Ensure tour like housekeeping condition at all times
- Recommends equipment requirements and replacements in order to upgrade and maintain warehouse productivity and efficiency.
- Performs other duties and tasks as needed upon request.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS: (To include relevant work experience, competencies and education requirements):
- Bachelor’s degree with minimum 5-7 years of people and warehouse leadership experience.
- Hands-on management experience in a fast paced, high volume distribution environment.
- Strong computer, analytical, and communication skills.
- Must be flexible, organized, detail oriented, and a change agent with the ability to multi-task.
- Knowledge of SAP a plus.
- Valid state driver’s license, with good driving record within the previous 5 years
- Broad knowledge of OSHA and safety regulations, inventory control principles, and understanding of warehouse operations required.
- Must be able to wear protective eyewear, footwear, hand protection (gloves) and safety vests
- Must maintain current certification in DOT Transportation and RCRA Hazardous Materials courses.
SalonCentric is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.