Position Overview: Works under the general direction of the Packaging Supervisor or other supervision as designated by the Employer, and coordinates the activities of Packaging Operator Trainee and trains such as needed, and where required, performs all job duties of said employees, is responsible for the total operation of all manual, semiautomatic and automatic packaging lines.
- Total operation of manual, semiautomatic and automatic packaging lines and powder presses including quality control, material procurement, line set up and adjustment of product within specifications, light preventative maintenance and communications as required to operate the line.
- When required, trains Packaging employees, observes work being performed to ensure that proper procedures are followed, cosigns pertinent records and maintains a smooth flow of production in the work area.
- Assists other packaging employees as needed or required.
- Assists in operation of the department with particular care toward GMP’s sanitization, quality control, safety, housekeeping, production control and L’Oréal operating procedures.
- May be required to attend training programs necessary to maintain the high standard of L’Oréal employees, whether in house or off the premises.
- Continual cooperation with management in the development and implementation of processes for improvement: e.g. quality, line and plant efficiency, housekeeping, etc.
- The changeover of a line, including sanitization of parts, to establish GMPs.
- Responsible for movement, documentation and supply of incoming components and bulk to the packaging lines and finished product and materials from the lines to the staging area.
- Responsible for all production and inventory controls including; ordering the next scheduled job, recording of inventory, personnel, production and inventory close‑out transactions.
- Performs all duties of a Packaging Operator.
- The ongoing upkeep of the line including housekeeping.
- Informs supervision of irregularities.
- Performs all other work relative to Packaging as directed.
Educational or Certification Requirements:
- High School education or GED equivalency required.
- Experience and knowledge of specific production/processing areas, machinery, and product items is required.
- Ability to work within a team environment.
Tools and Equipment Used in Job/Environmental Factors:
- Must wear all proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
Essential Physical Requirements:
- Must have knowledge of and be capable of working with all products including current and promotional products.
- Must be capable of lifting up to 30 pounds.
- Must be capable doing repeated bending, lifting and standing for long hours.
- Must be proficient in the English language (Able to speak and write effectively).
- Must be able to work off shifts, including overtime.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.