POSITION TITLE: Machine Operator
SHIFT: Weekend Shift
Weekend Shift for Machine Operator is defined as Friday, Saturday & Sunday 6:30a - 6:30p or Saturday, Sunday & Monday 6:30a - 6:30p + an additional 8 hour shift every other week.
Operate packaging equipment to produce quality products in a safe and efficient manner.
- Fully Supports an interdependent safety culture and works proactively to accomplish the safety mission in the plant of zero accidents.
- Supports and embraces the Quality and Environmental missions of the Plant
- Respectfully, through words and actions, work cooperatively with team members.
- Operate packaging lines per prescribed methods, maintaining production flow and efficient operation. Operator must be able to manage multiple equipment modules simultaneously (i.e. fillers, cappers, cartoners, case packer).
- Follow all safety rules and regulations. ( RIS, RIO, OSHA and departmental)
- Maintain high housekeeping standards.
- Train new operators in the areas of Machine operation, Safety, Productivity, Quality, ISO procedures.
- Follow all quality policies and Procedures.
- Handle minor troubleshooting of equipment (i.e. clearing jams, weight adjustments, capper adjustments )
- Handle line washout, sanitization, and associated paperwork to include disassembly and assembly of fillers and setting weights.
- Stock lines as necessary
- Assign staff to position on line, explain responsibility associated with each position. Monitor to ensure that all employees assigned to the line are operating safely.
- Document Work Order information (batch numbers, etc.) requiring direct contact with processors.
- Document and track direct labor hours, production reporting, and efficiency.
- Perform quality checks and associated paperwork with limited support from the QA, warehouse and processing departments
- Administer the pocket defect program
- Practice GMP ( Good Manufacturing Practices)
- Handle assembly work when required (example: pack bottles into shippers, palletize, place pumps, etc.)
- Train temporary staff in the areas of Safety and Quality. Provide work instruction for temporaries.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION REQUIRED:
Education: High School Graduate 18 years or older
Experience: Previous Manufacturing experience helpful.
- Ability to work Overtime
- Prolonged Standing (continual movement to all positions within Packaging line)
- Occasional Lifting
- Frequent bending and stooping
- Speak and understand English language.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.