L'Oréal USA is the largest subsidiary of the L'Oréal Group, the worldwide leader in beauty. L'Oréal USA manages a portfolio of 31 iconic global beauty brands, including Clarisonic, Essie Cosmetics, Garnier, Giorgio Armani Beauty, Kérastase, Kiehl’s, Lancôme, L’Oréal Paris, Maybelline New York, NYX Professional Makeup, Redken, Soft-Sheen Carson, Urban Decay and Yves Saint Laurent Beauté. In addition to corporate headquarters in New York City, L'Oréal USA has Research & Innovation, Manufacturing & Distribution facilities across 14 other states with a workforce of more than 10,000 employees. For more information, visit www.LorealUSA.com or follow on Twitter @LOrealUSA.
L’Oréal USA is seeking an experienced Trademark Paralegal who will report into the Chief Trademark Counsel. Candidates should possess expertise in all duties typical of a Trademark paralegal.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Heavy volume in trademark screening searches and memo preparation.
- Preparing and filing of trademark applications
- Maintenance of trademark registrations in USPTO;
- Knowledge of trademark docketing, preferably DIAMS IQ
- Preparing office action responses for procedural and substantive issues raised by the USPTO:
- Collaborating with clients and outside law firms
- Due Diligence review of IP assets for acquisitions or divestitures, when needed;
- Bachelor’s degree, paralegal certification or equivalent education or experience preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint,)
- Extensive knowledge in SAEGIS and DIAMS IQ is a plus.
- Excellent writing, research and communications skills
- Expert skills in time management, attention to detail, and prioritization are vital for this role
- Ability to work independently and handle large volumes, in a fast-paced and results-driven environment
- Willingness to work as a supportive team member with a positive attitude
- Maintain strict confidentiality on business matters and manage time sensitive documents.
- Interact professionally with members of Management
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.