Job Title – Part Time Chemical Processor/Compounder (Flexible Schedule!)
Division – Manufacturing
Supervisor Title – Processing Supervisor
Location – L’Oreal USA North America – Florence, KY
About L’Oreal & The Role:
With over $6B in revenue, L’Oreal USA has over 10,000 employees supporting 30+ iconic brands such as Pureology, Redken, Kiehl’s, Ralph Lauren & Lancome. L’Oréal Operations Americas is an innovative, challenging, dynamic and diverse environment with the opportunity for long term careers. We are committed to continuous improvement, people development, safety, quality and sustainability.
As a part time Processor, you create our products! You are responsible for operating scales, pumps, mixing, and material handling equipment for the pre-weigh of chemicals; preparation of requests for chemicals from Pre-weigh listing to the warehouse; and the compounding of batches to supply packaging lines.
What A Processor Does:
- Responsible for accurately weighing materials, utilizing appropriate tools, containers and pallet patterns to supply kits to processing.
- Responsible for using computerized recipe management system to manufacture bulk product. (MODOP/IS2/FlexNet).
- Follow GMPs to ensure that compounds are of high quality and free of contaminants. GMPs include cleaning and sanitizing of equipment, proper sampling and handling of materials, and appropriate documentation of activities.
- Responsible for housekeeping in work location, including washing of pumps, drums, utensils, wiping down of equipment and using floor scrubbing equipment.
- Request chemicals from the warehouse.
- Hooks up piping and pumps and auxiliary equipment necessary to transfer compounds and solution to supply filling lines.
- Responsible for accurately completing quality assessment of bulk including viscosity, PH, color, odor and appearance.
- Notifies the supervisor of existing or potential problems with equipment or materials which may jeopardize employee safety and/or product quality.
If a flexible schedule & working for the #1 Global Beauty brand in the world sounds interesting to you & you have the below requirements, apply now!
- High School Diploma or GED
- Technical training and college experience preferred
- Electrical and Mechanical knowledge a plus
- Computer knowledge
- Chemical mixing experience in a similar industry helpful, but not a must
- Enjoys Trouble shooting and has an eye for detail
- Willing & able to lifting and carry up to 50 lbs, push & pull up to 25 lbs, stand for long periods of time
- Willing to get trained on how to operate a forklift, or you already know how to!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.