Under minimal supervision, completes tasks as directed; adheres to set objectives and standards; provides solutions to a variety of technical problems of moderate scope and complexity; interacts effectively with customers (internal and/or external); generates reports and /or master documents.
- Provide technical support and coordination for industrial chemistry/process operations during new product launches and restages, beginning with feasibility activities and ending with first production batch, both in-hour and at subcontractor locations
- Conduct bench and pilot batch activities for new product, restages, and existing products to gain an understanding of the product properties and formula while trouble shooting problems that arise
- Conduct activities that coordinate and support the “Right First Time” quality control program
- Secure all formula information per L’Oreal’s procedures
- Observe “Good Manufacturing Practices” (GMP)
- Adhere to L’Oreal’s CIQ procedures in area of responsibility
- Maintain appropriate records and complete necessary reports in a timely manner
- Maintain a safe, clean work environment and implement L’Oreal environmental programs
- Perform other duties as necessary or required
- Able to organize and classify hazardous waste materials for proper disposal according to advice provided by regulatory affairs on line chemical classification database and in accordance with EPA, OSHA and DOT regulations.
- Transfer of hazardous waste from satellite storage area to the primary hazardous storage area.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in science or engineering, Chemical Engineering preferred
- 0 – 3 years of thorough experience in pilot lab, bulk lab, or related experience in process development.
- Experience working in a fast paced consumer goods company strongly preferred; experience in the cosmetics/personal care industry preferred.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.