Job Title: Processor – 2nd Shift
Function: Pre-weigh and manufacturing of hair care products
Supervisor Title: Processing Supervisor
Reporting directly to the Processing Supervisor, general responsibilities of this position include the operation of scales, pumps, mixing, and material handling equipment for the pre-weigh of chemicals; preparation of requests for chemicals from Pre-weigh listing to the warehouse; and the compounding of batches to supply filling lines.
- High school diploma or GED;
- Technical training and college experience preferred;
- Electrical and Mechanical knowledge a plus;
- Computer knowledge preferred;
- Chemical mixing experience in a similar industry helpful;
- Trouble shooting and attention to detail is a must;
- Must be willing to work overtime
Judgment and Decision Making
Decisions made by Processors can directly impact Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost, Environment and Morale. They must make these decisions with only intermittent involvement from Supervision based on the knowledge gained from their trainings.
- Safety: Fully supports an independent safety culture and works proactively to accomplish the safety mission in the plant of Zero Accidents.
- Quality: Supports and embraces the quality mission of the plant.
- Delivery: The ability of the processor to meet the production demands ensures that our customers receive our products on time.
- Cost: Preweigh to departmental standards and process to batch time standards ensure that cost to produce is aligned with the financials.
- Environment: Supports and embraces the environmental mission of the plant.
- Morale: Must come in daily with a positive attitude and a focus on teamwork to achieve world class results.
Essential Physical Requirements
- Lifting and carrying up to 50lbs;
- Push and pull up to 25lbs;
- Long periods of standing;
- PIT certification required
- Must demonstrate 100% responsibility.
- Must have a technical aptitude with a willingness to learn new operations/technologies.
- Must produce World Class Results through teamwork, selflessly developing and training others for success.
- Must have a positive attitude and be open to new ideas and concepts.
- Must thrive within a changing organization requiring the need to multi-task.
- Must listen for understanding and communicate using the Who, What, When, Where and How model.
- Must resolve conflicts directly and be committed to team decisions.
Please note: This job description does not list all duties of the job. Employees may be asked by management to perform other duties. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.