Position Overview: The Quality Engineer is responsible for the support of the Unit of Production (UP), regarding the control testing of packaging components, bulk, WIP, and finished goods.
- Partner with UP Production management to resolve production related issues and provide input regarding corrective actions using problem solving tools
- Assist in continuous improvement of manufacturing operations to improve safety, quality, flow and efficiency through application of LEAN manufacturing principles
- Identify and resolve quality issues that arise in process, systems, methods or procedures used to produce components, WIP, or finished goods.
- Implementation of SPC within the UP
- Part of team evaluating industrial feasibility of launches through participation in line trials
- Co-ordination and investigation of customer and consumer complaints received by the plant
- Evaluation and follow-up of supplier and contract manufacturer quality performance
- Perform routine audits within different areas of plant to ensure compliance to group quality system
- Responsible for writing operating procedures such as work instructions, etc.
- Carrying out training of laboratory or UP personnel on quality processes and procedures
- Coordinates the purchase and implementation of new lab equipment and their effect on quality.
Educational or Certification Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering related field
- Preferable 2+ years in a manufacturing environment, with experience related to quality improvement or laboratory operations
- Ability to learn statistical processes and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Basic math and statistics, as well as an Engineering approach to problem solving and strong training skills.
- Utilization of Quality Charts, control methods and standards (including the use of gages, instruments, personal computers and SPC tools) to determine cause and effect in quality problem solving.
- Knowledge of Quality Manual, Quality Procedures, area work instructions, and test methods. Strong working knowledge of ISO and GMP requirements.
- Participate in the safety initiatives of the plant (MESURs, etc.).
- Ability to travel as needed, including international
- Strong Microsoft Office skills.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, including training skills
- Build positive work relationships with all levels of the company
- Self-motivated and work both independently and part of a cross-functional team
- Basic understanding of FDA cGMP’s is required.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks
- Flexibility in work hours
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.