Scientific Lab Technician, Make Up
The lab technician is responsible for carrying out sampling, measuring, and recording of results as part of a scientific team. The technician is responsible to provide all the required technical support to enable the laboratory to function effectively, while adhering to correct procedures and health and safety guidelines.
- Carrying out routine tasks accurately and following strict methodologies to carry out measurements
- Operating standard laboratory equipment, i.e., centrifuges, microscope, pH meters, rheometers etc.
- Performing routine tests on products such as measuring pH, specific gravity, viscosity, as well as sensory testing of color, odor, appearance and texture.
- Keeping track of comprehensive and accurate test results and presenting to senior colleagues
- Assisting in routine activities related to product development, i.e., filling and labeling samples
- Working upon multiple development topics and projects as required
- Maintaining good laboratory notebook.
- Following and ensuring strict safety procedures and safety checks
Job Experience and Requirements:
- Associate degree in science required
- The ability to learn specific, practical techniques and apply this knowledge to solve technical problems.
- The ability to use technical equipment with accuracy
- The ability to maintain and calibrate technical equipment
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Time management and organizational skills in order to work on several different projects at the same time
- Flexibility in order to work with and provide support for number of people
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills in order to work effectively with colleagues inside the department
- Candidate should be self-motivated, team player and demonstrate ethical values.
- Identifying trends an advantage
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.