As a Scientific Liaison, you will be responsible for ensuring all Professional Products Division (PPD) Haircare/Styling brands as well as the Carol’s Daughter brand meet US consumer expectations and US legal constraints. Work with product development international laboratory development teams and US-based product development teams to maximize products from a scientific, legal, regulatory, innovation and formulation standpoint. Maintain close awareness of scientific literature, marketing trends, and competitor launches as well as help support to prepare panier presentations for the brands.
II. PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Work together with Safety/Regulatory/Claims(SRC)/Legal to advise on Legal constrains for US market for all PPD and Carol’s Daughter Haircare/Styling brands. Anticipate conflicting data, gap in testing for North America Zone and ensure that all required testing is conducted for internal developments as well as open development projects.
- Coordinate the claims testing studies to ensure all claims have substantiation for each brand needs.
- Work upstream with our Pre-development teams to build dossiers that can be used in Development.
- Support Marketing teams to launch in a way that is US relevant from an innovation, claims, trends and market standpoint. Flag any concerns and ensure the proper US exploratory testing is conducted pre-launch.
- Advise/Contribute all external communication with SRC/Legal teams: TV, written press, PR releases, marketing partners, beauty advisors books, educational material etc.
- Be the point person in case of litigation
- Participation in press events for launches
- Ensure international claims substantiation information is transferred smoothly from EU Team to US Teams and vice-versa.
III. JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry or related field
- Experienced in a laboratory environment
- Strong knowledge and interest of raw material functions and properties
- Well organized and hard-working
- Good communication (verbal and written), interpersonal, and computer skills
- Must be a team player
Under minimal supervision works on projects with defined objectives and periodic reviews. Able to reach-out to supervisors and colleagues when needed and willing to research possible solution independently
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.