CHEMIST/SENIOR CHEMIST – HAIR COLOR
The Sr. Chemist is responsible for completing formulas and follow-up on stability of formulas as well as making adjustments to fix formulas if problems with stability testing arise.
The Sr. Chemist is expected to create prototype formulas; modify these formulas to meet product specifications at a pace adaptable to the Hair Color Lab timeline.
In addition, the Sr. Chemist must exhibit creativity and resourcefulness in order to come up with solutions to issues which may arise during the product development process and or in anticipation to issues which may come up in pilot plant or Manufacturing.
- Strong focus on Quality
- Demonstrate a Proactive approach and engagement in Projects/Work is a Must.
- Must meet deadlines and interact with various support groups within R&D.
- Maintain a minimum of 5 basic projects in a timely fashion.
- Identifying new product opportunities.
- Identifying patenting opportunities and filing inventions to protect intellectual property.
- Successful candidates will be a self-starter and must be able to "hit the ground running" and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- A Team player and a positive "can-do" attitude is essential.
- Strong analytical and technical problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written & interpersonal), as well as an honest work ethic is essential.
- Bachelor's degree in science required
- Minimum 3+ years experience preferably in cosmetics industry working with hair care products such as shampoos, conditioners, hair color & styling products.
- Experience considered outside cosmetics is: consumer products such as toothpaste, detergents, household products etc..
This position is in a fast-paced environment and would best suit a motivated, creative person who is interested in a career with the "Leader in the Cosmetics Industry."
- Publications/Patents in hair color, hair care, emulsions, polymers and surfactants is a plus
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.