I. MAJOR FUNCTION
Following good lab practices and process SOPs, conduct the initial scale-up manufacturing of new/revised products for all métiers and technical families. Technically supervise/assist less senior processor in their daily work and conduct laboratory controls. Duties include, routine testing against specification, deciding on and implementing batch adjustments, leading personal batch reject investigations and assisting on others, regular interaction with development chemists to troubleshoot process issues, and regular review of bench processes prior to scheduling. General administrative duties including keeping detail batch records during processing and batch reject dispensation reports.
- Manufactures initial scale-up batches of new formulations, refining procedures as needed.
- Evaluates batches against lab standards and specifications. Determines and makes all necessary adjustments.
- Demonstrated process expert providing guidance to bench chemists and less senior processors on processing best practices.
- “Phases” reviews lab processes, analyzes/adjust order of addition, and develops SOP for batch production for personal and other departmental batches
- Completes records of all batches of product manufactured and submits to Quality Unit for review.
- Regularly interacts with development and pre-launch chemist in multiple métiers to review new processes and prior batch rejection investigation results
- Maintains current status with all health, safety, and environmental training and actively participate in safety improvement programs
- Cleans and maintains manufacturing equipment after use and maintains cleanliness of the work area.
- Assists management in day to day processing operations as needed.
- Performs other duties as required.
- JOB REQUIREMENTS
- B.Sc. degree in chemistry or related physical science with 2-3 years’ formulation or pilot or production environment experience
- Knowledge and Skills
- Comprehensive experience with cosmetic or food processing techniques and demonstrated expertise in multiple Métiers.
- Knowledge of basic laboratory procedures and ability to perform mathematical calculations required to scale batches and make adjustments.
- General project management skills
- Ability to interact effectively with people.
- Ability to use and help maintain balances, thermometers, and other related laboratory instruments to prepare samples and complete test procedures.
- Ability to detect and evaluate differences in color and odor a plus.
- Strong written and oral English communication skills
- Must be able to lift 35 lbs.
- Must be certifiable to wear a full-face respirator.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.