Description: Direct the modification of fragrances for personal care projects.
Capable of sound decision making based on interpretation from many sources.
General / Laboratory:
- Able to perform all functions of the Evaluator
- Has a thorough knowledge of the technology of fragrances and their manufacture
- Has an understanding of the marketing / fragrance trends in personal care
- Good Written Communication skills
- Able to supervise and delegate to more junior personnel
- Maintains and monitors a neat, organized, and safe laboratory environment
- Demonstrates effective time management skills
- Expert with all evaluation techniques
- Able to direct creative fragrance development for personal care products by recognizing the shortcomings of a fragrance and the effectiveness of modifications.
- Able to effectively troubleshoot when fragrance related problems arise.
- Interacts with fragrance houses to effectively modify personal care fragrances
- Trains L’Oreal QC personnel in olfactive evaluation as needed
- Able to interpret consumer data and suggest program directions based on conclusions.
- Gives presentations to senior staff and other departments
- Has responsibility for writing new briefs
- Interacts with marketing groups frequently keeping them up to date on latest trends
- Gains knowledge of International market trends
- Authorization to work in the US on an on-going basis required.
Bachelor’s degree, scientific discipline preferred, with minimum five years’ experience in fragrance evaluation. Must be able to pass olfactive acuity test. Must have long-term authorization to work in the U.S. Must have 4-5 years of experience.
Performs function under supervision of immediate supervisor
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.