Precision Advertising Conductor
With 32 global brands, present in 130 countries, L’Oréal is a major advertiser. Consumer behaviors are digitizing fast, and L’Oréal brand contents and advertising are digitizing fast too: globally, 16% of L'Oréal media spend is now digital.
Precision Advertising is an opportunity for L'Oréal to leverage its consumer data (for example, cookies) and use ad technology, to improve the effectiveness of its advertising: buy audiences and differentiate messages, in order to show the right ad to the right person at scale.
Precision Advertising coordinator will sit within a Precision Advertising team at country level, to help brands in their ramp up in Precision Advertising: he / she will support Brands in defining their Precision Advertising campaign strategy, will identify and ensure the diffusion of best practices, challenge media agency when relevant, and participate in paving the way for L'Oreal to leverage the best partners and techniques through ongoing test & learn.
He / she will report to the Precision Advertising Lead in country, within the Media Director team.
1. Lead brand conversations in implementing Precision Advertising in campaigns
- Help brand translating their campaign objectives into a Precision Advertising brief, including relevant audience segments, digital advertising journeys, consumer data pools and activation techniques,
- Analyze performance of campaigns on a weekly basis with agencies, to share insights to Brands and assist their decision-making for optimization (per technique, per creative, per inventory, etc.)
- Support post-campaign performance analysis to generate insights and best practices on all platforms
- Lead the advancement of programmatic evolution within L’Oreal while managing a team
2. Up skill in-country organization
- Support training of the teams locally (with the support of the L'Oreal Training team) to upgrade the skills of marketing teams in countries and in brands,
- Collect and streamline best-practices (e.g. campaigns mechanisms that works, efficient data sourcing, etc.) and help digital teams to apply them
3. Challenge platform and media agency
- Ensure agencies apply the L'Oréal standards (golden rules) in setting up and optimizing campaigns, control the end-to-end consistency and quality of campaign set-up (with the support of Brands' digital teams)
- Ensure tools and processes are in place to monitor campaign performance and alert Brands when relevant,
- Verify sensitive topics for L'Oréal-agency relationships, such as fraud, quality of inventory, viewability.
4. Ensure best ad tech environment for L'Oréal
- Lead the evaluation and execution of 3rd party solutions across the latest technology landscape for mobile and display advertising (DMP, DSP, SSP, RTB, etc.) in conjunction with SCA’s overall technology roadmap
- Overview the overall set-up of campaigns journey cross-platforms (owned websites, Facebook channels, and YouTube channels, …, ad tech platforms),
- Evaluate tech readiness (as an output of testing new ad tech partners in an evergreen environment),
- Support brand in their data sourcing (1st, 2nd and 3rd party), with a test-and-learn methodology to focus on the data that drive superior value for the Brands.
- Programmatic expert at performance agencies and trading desks (e.g., Labelium, Acumen, iCrossing, Cadreon, Xaxis, etc.), (or account manager at Ad Tech companies (e.g., DoubleClick, TubeMogul, Turn, Media Math, AppNexus, Rocket Fuel)
- 5-7 years in digital advertising; at least 2 years of focused experience planning and/or executing programmatic campaigns and strategic design (e.g., 2-3 years working as trading desk specialist)
- Excellent written and verbal communicator
- Outstanding relationship and business builder
- Forward / innovative thinker with an ability to design / deliver within current capability, process, technology
- Extensive knowledge of digital media systems and tools (i.e. ad servers, attribution, tagging, ad verification
- Proficiency in MSFT Office; deep experience with data analysis in Excel, including pivot tables and advanced functions
- Strong analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Collaborative team-player yet comfortable with independence
- Can multi-task, prioritize, and balance time across brands, multiple partner relationships and internal initiatives on a daily basis while maintaining a profound attention to detail
- Knowledge of offline and online space; understands the relationships between brand, media, and consumer
- DSP and programmatic media buy expertise
- Strategic PMP design and setup
- Ability to understand DMP/Data and segment builds
- Ability to manage 3 direct reports
- Ability to effectively translate strategic marketing objectives into engagement tactics
- Communication skills – proven ability to communicate & translate technical knowledge to a range of audiences, including brands, corporate leadership, technology partners, and agencies
- Project management skills (e.g., building & rigorously tracking work plan)
- Bachelor's degree in business, science, or engineering; master's degree preferred
- Certification in or extensive hands-on experience with DSPs (DoubleClick, Turn, or TubeMogul), DMP (Neustar, Krux, or Adobe), web analytics (GAP)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.