L'Oréal's Tech Incubator, located in San Francisco, is looking for a Senior Product Development Engineer for early product development.
Who We Are:
L'Oréal's Tech Incubator is a global team tasked with identifying, developing, and launching innovations in the areas of digital technology, personalization and customization, connected devices, and artificial intelligence. Operating as a startup within L'Oréal's Research and Innovation division, the Tech Incubator drives disruptive change across the Group, developing new products and services for all of L'Oréal's brands.
The team includes hardware engineers, user experience designers, data scientists, brand marketers, and project managers. Projects are developed through ongoing partnerships with entrepreneurs, academic institutions, design agencies, research organizations, and engineering firms.
Among technologies created and launched by the team are La Roche Posay's wearable My UV Patch, Lancôme's personalized foundation Le Teint Particulier, and L'Oréal Paris' augmented reality app, Makeup Genius.
What We'll Do Together:
As the Senior Product Development Engineer focused on new technology and product development, you will work with scientists, engineers, universities and startups, to develop new technologies and innovative products. You will bring a product/technology idea to proof of concept/prototyping while creating product definition/specification. With project spanning sensors, wearable connected devices, microfluidics, diagnostic devices. You'll be responsible for a diverse range of development efforts while coordinating between the internal teams and external vendors executing against them.
What Your Day Will Look Like:
- Coordinate and execute strategic projects in the area of wearable and connected devices for the consumer electronics sector.
- Develop rapid prototypes of concept products utilizing deep knowledge in electronics, wearable devices, sensors, materials science, and mechanical engineering.
- Support business development activities, including assessing technologies developed in other organizations such as university labs and start-up companies.
- Contribute to the translation and strategic direction of clinical projects (monitoring of cross-functional projects with other entities of R&I, active participation in project meetings and reporting)
- Interface with business development, contract, and patent attorneys to execute contracts and patents
- Approximately 10 - 20% travel
What You'll Need:
- BS/MS in Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or similar engineering degrees.
- At least 5 years of product development experience
- In depth experience in biosensors, consumer electronic (especially in wearable connected devices), microfluidics, mechanical design, fast prototyping.
- Expertise in design for manufacturing manufacturing and process engineering optimization.
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial mindset with a focus on accelerating innovation to the market.
- Must be legally eligible work in the US on an on-going basis.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.