COMPANY & DIVISIONAL/BRAND OVERVIEW:
L’Oréal is one of the world’s largest consumer goods companies, manufacturing and selling a wide range of beauty products for both women and men. Based in France, it was founded in 1909 by a chemist named Eugene Schueller. It now operates in around 130 countries around the world, and achieved turnover of €20.3b in 2011.
The Consumer Products Division’s mission is universal: to offer the best in cosmetics innovation to the greatest number of people on every continent. Its brands are available in all mass-market channels (hypermarkets, supermarkets, drugstores and traditional stores). The division is the spearhead of the group’s quest to win over a further billion consumers. The Consumer Products Division includes popular brand such as L’Oréal Paris, Garnier, Maybelline & Essie. L'Oréal Paris, one of the world's top beauty care brands, offers men and women on every continent beauty and personal care products that incorporate the latest scientific advances & provides affordable luxury for people who demand excellence.
You will work closely with the rest of the marketing team in the UK and liaison with teams overseas. This role will have exposure to the international brand development teams with the opportunity to contribute to new projects. You will be very closely linked with the commercial team, finance and supply chain. You will regularly have contact with consumers themselves and should be adept at working at all levels from senior management to retailers.
- You will assist the GPM in determining media strategy and working with our agencies to plan media spend.
- As part of a brand team you will accurately track spend and meet your financial objectives. You will have considerable input in establishing brand budgets and financial goals.
- You will be responsible for working closely with the supply team ensuring you maximise stock availability.
- You will work closely with the communications teams to make sure all PR opportunities are maximised and challenge the team to maximise brand exposure through pro-actively creating features.
- Educated to degree level
- Highly numerate – strong analytically
- Strong Communication skills – written and verbal
- Excellent presentation skills
- Strong negotiator
- Experience in a fast paced sales environment
- Highly organised with prioritisation skills
Innovation, Entrepreneurship, Act & lead with human sensitivity, Manage complexity, Achieve results with integrity, Interact effectively, Sensitivity to the metier