Wearable Sensors and Connected Devices Sr Scientist/ Engineer
California Research Center (CRC)
San Francisco, CA
The L’Oreal California Research Center (CRC) combines a startup-like, fast-paced environment with large organization resources to collaborate with top universities and startups in California. The CRC was created to nurture innovation, cutting edge technologies and research. The projects range from flexible electronics, digital health, wearable sensors, and medical devices.
The mission is to develop innovative products, grow and build scientific programs, publish in scientific journals, and foster collaborations with key academic laboratories and startups. The center is located in the QB3 startup incubator at Mission Bay, San Francisco.
The successful candidate will work closely with a cross-functional team of scientists, engineers, project managers, and business development team to innovate wearable sensors and connected devices and advance strategic initiatives within L’Oreal.
- Coordinate and execute strategic projects in the area of wearable and connected devices for the consumer electronics sector.
- Develop rapid prototypes of concept products utilizing deep knowledge in mechanical design, 3D printing, and electronics.
- Support business development activities, including assessing technologies developed in other organizations such as university labs and start-up companies.
- Contribute to the translation and strategic direction of clinical projects (monitoring of cross-functional projects with other entities of R&I, active participation in project meetings and reporting)
- Interface with business development, contract, and patent attorneys to execute contracts and patents
- Approximately 10 - 20% travel
Desirable training and experience
- MS in Mechanical Engineering with 4 years product development experience or PhD in same fields with 2 year experience.
- Experience in consumer electronic or medical device industries, especially in wearable connected devices.
- In depth technical expertise in mechanical design, product design, CAD, and 3D printing.
- Experience with Matlab, Labview, electronic circuit design, and fabrication.
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial mindset with a focus on accelerating innovation to the market.
- Must be legally eligible work in the US on an on-going basis.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.