I. MAJOR FUNCTION
Develop innovative and disruptive technologies for cosmetic face products with clear consumer perceivable benefits. Work in a team-oriented environment to identify new technologies with potential benefits and translate the technology into cosmetic products. Interact with various cross-functional groups within R&I for new product development, product concept testing, and smooth transition of new technology to the development team.
II. PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Develop novel face cosmetic products with identified raw materials and technology by designing the formula around materials to fully explore the potential benefits of the raw materials and technology to disrupt the market.
- Work closely with the Innovative Raw Materials Department and suppliers to identify new raw materials and new technology with potential benefits for face applications to help build a consumer centric strategy in order to create a product that answers consumers needs.
- Put in place a patent strategy that will safeguard the formula and technology invented.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to ensure a smooth transition of new technology and products to the development team.
- Communicate and present the new technology and products to senior management, marketing, and colleagues within different categories and different geographic locations within the company.
- Maintain good knowledge of competitor’s patent environments and close awareness of consumer need gap and marketing trends.
- Communicate development challenges to management on a timely basis while showing creativity and resourcefulness to offer alternative solutions.
- DESIRABLE TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- Ph.D. in Polymer Science, Surface and Colloid Science, Materials Science,
Chemical Engineering or Physical Chemistry, with 1-2 years postdoc experience or work experience (Formulation experience is a plus). Or Bachelor or Master degree in materials science, polymer science, chemistry, physics with 8+ years of experience in the field of cosmetics formulations.
- Knowledge of film formers, emulsion, adhesion and materials characterization is a plus. Experience with instrumentations such as DSC, DMA, TGA, Rheometer, FTIR, SEM is also a plus.
- Be able to work under pressure and handle multiple projects simultaneously. Be able to work independently and to drive the project forward with high efficiency.
- Creative and self-motivated. Be able to think out of the box and willing to take an extra step to get job done. Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Foreign language skills in French or Japanese is a plus.
- Must be legally eligible to work in the US on an on-going basis.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.