L'Oréal USA is the largest subsidiary of the L'Oréal Group, the worldwide leader in beauty. L'Oréal USA manages a portfolio of 32 iconic global beauty brands, including Clarisonic, Essie Cosmetics, Garnier, Giorgio Armani Beauty, Kérastase, Kiehl’s, Lancôme, L’Oréal Paris, Maybelline New York, NYX, Redken, Soft-Sheen Carson, Urban Decay and Yves Saint Laurent Beauté. In addition to corporate headquarters in New York City, L'Oréal USA has Research & Innovation, Manufacturing & Distribution facilities across 14 other states with a workforce of more than 10,000 employees. For more information, visit www.LorealUSA.com or follow on Twitter @LOrealUSA.
L’Oréal USA Corporate Communications is looking for a highly motivated, creative, and organized intern to assist the external communications team, with a particular emphasis on social media. This role gains broad exposure to the entire company and is ideal for someone interested in both social media and public relations. Excellent oral and written communication skills are required for this opportunity.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Assist in community management on platforms such as Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. This entails responding to customer inquiries, praises, complaints, and needs.
- Draft and schedule content for L’Oréal USA’s social media channels
- Take part in the creative process to develop large-scale content campaigns
- Assist in producing and uploading content to lorealusa.com
- Monitor competitor activity across social media platforms and report on best practices
- Research influencers/bloggers across different platforms to leverage for social and traditional media campaigns
- Assist with social listening across multiple channels
- Compile monthly analytics reports on engagement across social platforms
- Help ensure cohesive branding and messaging throughout digital content
- Assist in the project management process for content campaigns, corporate materials and events and conferences (ie. CES and SXSW)
- Provide administrative support to the team including updating contact lists, coordinating meetings, providing recap reports, etc.
12 -Month Internship Program:
L’Oréal USA has a unique program for recent graduates. It is a full-time paid internship for up to 12 months where you are a fully contributing member of our Corporate Communications team here at L’Oréal. You will receive the hands-on experience and training needed to set you up for future success in the company. To qualify for the program, you must be a recent graduate (within 12 months) from a four-year college.
- Advanced writing and editing skills
- Strong technical understanding of and interest in the major social media platforms and their best practices, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, etc.
- Graphic design, Photoshop, and/or photography skills highly preferred
- High level of organization, attention to detail and positive attitude
- Ability to work independently and multi-task in a dynamic fast-paced environment
- Experience with CMS and social listening software a plus
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.