The Demand Planning Sr. Analyst will, under the supervision of the Demand Planning Manager, partner with Sales, Marketing, Operations and Finance to develop an accurate demand forecast for all SKUs in the designated area of the business. Communicate demand forecast plans and the assumptions behind them to key supply chain stakeholders. Work closely with the Supply Planning/Market Supply Logistics team to identify and resolve changes in the forecast and their impact on the supply chain. Establish and manage SKU level statistical forecasts for specified area of accountability (Logility). Gather and incorporate all sources of market intelligence to produce the best possible operational forecast. Ensure current trends are incorporated into the demand plan. Ensure that promotional display programs included in the demand plan are reconciled with the sales team. Update and monitor process key performance indicators and diagnostics to ensure continual forecast improvement efforts and prepare written analyses, documentation, reports or other data of a quality requiring minimal supervisory review.
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Supply Chain, Mathematics, Statistics, Operations Research, or other quantitative business discipline
- 3-5 years work experience preferably within a FMCG industry; direct forecasting experience preferred
- Software Skills: Proficiency with MS Office required, intermediate MS Excel preferred,; experience with a forecast modeling tool helpful, e.g. Logility; SAP experience helpful
- Working or developing knowledge of:
- Use of quantitative methods to analyze situations and solve business problems
- Data management/databases
- OLAP tools
- Mass market retail environment
- Consumer marketing
- Supply chain operations
Ability to work cross functionally, build relationships and excel in a team environment
Business acumen/sound judgment is essential to the demand planning function and this competency must be developed at the Analyst level. Close supervision by the Demand Planning Manager. Analyst is accountable for choosing the most appropriate forecast models to maximize forecast accuracy at the SKU level.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Develop accurate demand forecasts at the SKU level for designated product segment, while reducing inventory/working capital, and minimizing forecast variability
- Develop strong working knowledge of marketing/sales/customer business plans to validate forecast and accurately reflect business plan alignment
- Develop and maintain a 24-month operational forecast by SKU by in Logility
- Focus on accuracy of demand plan for new product launches, based on accurate analysis of distribution builds and velocity/share expectations
- Analyze historical sales data and future plans while working cross-functionality to achieve continuous improvement in the accuracy of demand forecasts. Using projected demand plans, work towards continuous improvement of forecast accuracy and improve overall demand plan
- Ensure that promotional display programs included in the demand plan are reconciled with the sales team
- Ensure that appropriate forecasting processes and methods are being followed and updated as needed. Maintain forecast system data integrity. Perform ad hoc analyses, as required, in support of contingency/scenario planning
- Work cross functionally toward continuous improvement of forecast accuracy and improve the error rate below targeted levels of Weighted Mean Absolute Percentage Error (WMAPE)
- Participate in special projects, providing leadership as needed on cross-functional teams
- Manages Complexity- Strong Analytical skills and attention to detail critical (Focuses on Quality, Focuses on Results, Reasons from Multiple Perspectives)
- Ability to lead and influence counterparts.
- Communicate Effectively- Excellent written/oral communication skills with strong interpersonal skills(Listens and Communicates Effectively)
- Innovates- Ability learn, adapt and continuously improve (Improves Performance, Shows Curiosity)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.