This position is responsible for launch and promotional planning for open stock, displays, and special-value packs and for executing Divisional market deployment plans with a strong focus on customer service. It requires frequent interaction with MSL, Development, Manufacturing, Assembly, Distribution, Transportation, Promotional Purchasing, Packaging, Customer Marketing, Sales Planning, I&C, and Demand Planning, as well as multiple third-party contract manufacturers.
- BA/BS degree, preferably in Supply Chain Management or a related discipline.
- 2 - 3 years of experience in similar role
- Intermediate to advanced data analytic skills, specifically in Microsoft Excel; knowledge of Microsoft Access beneficial.
- Intermediate to advanced skills in SAP and/or MRP preferred.
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to lead and influence functional groups.
- Ability to engage in healthy conflict, effectively problem solve within a team environment, and demonstrate resiliency.
- Ability to multi-task, manage priorities, and meet commitments.
- Self-motivated and results-oriented.
- Demonstrates commitment to internal and external customer service.
Judgement & Decision Making
Intermittent supervision required. Decisions made by this position have a direct and high level of impact on service level to internal and external Customers, on ability to achieve monthly revenue and inventory reduction objectives, on the execution of new product launches and product promotions, and on the operational efficiency of Customer Service, Distribution, Transportation, and Assembly. Decisions made by this position also influence forecasts and Manufacturing production plans.
Annual Budget Responsibility: $
Tasks, Duties, & Responsibilities
Initiate the project management responsibilities required to execute launch and promotional programs for open stock, displays, and special-value packs:
- Evaluate inventory, forecasts, sales plans, and Manufacturing production plans to identify risks for launch and promotional materials.
- Formulate deployment plans to mitigate risks for display and special pack production, as well as open stock orders.
- Provide direction to Market Supply Logistics, Development, and Manufacturing groups to prioritize production and QC releases to optimize service level.
- Direct Promotional Purchasing, Permanent Merchandising, Assembly Logistics, and Transportation on procurement and material movement for display and special pack collateral.
- Instruct Product Information Management on changes to open stock and display material statuses to allow inventory management and promotional planning.
- Review display and special pack outlines with Promotional Purchasing, Packaging, and Assembly Logistics and outline accuracy.
- Make recommendations to Customer Marketing/Sales Planning to help achieve monthly revenue objectives, identify pull forward opportunities, and work with functional Supply Chain teams to optimize production and shipments to achieve monthly objectives.
- Communicate revenue risks to CPD Divisions.
- Propose actions to mitigate loss of sales and meet customer arrival dates.
Execute requirements via SAP to manage inventory material movement, master data, material allocations, order management, and promotional planning and production.
- Analyze open stock and promotional inventory to optimize service level and reduce obsolescence.
- Work with Account Supply Chain and Customer Marketing/Sales Planning on customer allocations for high-risk materials.
- Manage stock protection for current and future display and special pack programs.
- Make recommendations to the Basic Stock Logistics Planner on liquidation of promotional obsolete materials.
- Initiate monthly Assembly clean-up to transfer/liquidate residual finished goods and collateral components.
Execute planning and scheduling activities in MRP:
- Manage MRP PO’s to ensure accuracy of PO type, vendor, costs, and production delivery dates.
- Create and validate MRP purchase orders to support Customer ship dates and optimize Assembly capacity.
- Create MRP purchase orders for contract manufacturers and manage external material movement and vendor floor stock.
- Create simulations to identify production constraints.
- Execute MRP interplant transfers; work with Distribution and Transportation to ensure on-time processing to meet assembly build dates.
- Coordinate with L’Oréal Caribe on display requirements, manage non-demand production, and process interplant transfers.
- Create and manage planned reservations and instruct customer service to release orders.
- Advise allocations for display lockdown programs.
- Assist Corporate Accounting in the resolution of invoicing discrepancies for MPR purchase orders.
Lead Inventory Management at weekly and monthly Divisional and Operational meetings.
- Provide analysis of sales plans and recommend build strategies to mitigate risk during product constraints.
- Provide status of launch and promotional deployment plans.
- Provide operational perspective to programs
1. Interacts Effectively - communicates clearly with all levels, shares relevant information
2. Achieves results with Integrity - proactive vs. reactive, demonstrates resilience, sets priorities and manages time effectively
3. Manages Complexity - takes into account next steps in their work, simplifies complex issues by identifying essential elements
4. Acts / Leads with Human Sensitivity - adapts behavior to respect different personalities, listens and interacts with equal respect to all levels, shares know how, experience, procedures
5. Demonstrates Entrepreneurship - demonstrates autonomy, escalates information / problems in a timely manner
6. Displays Sensitivity to the Métier of L’Oréal - knowledgeable on product and consumer needs to help identify trends.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.