The Demand Planning Sr Manager (Customer focus) will, under the supervision of the Demand Planning Director be accountable for forecasting, consumption/shipment planning and retail inventory from a customer-perspective (vs brand based) for the Consumer Products Division. This involves gathering and incorporating all sources of customer market intelligence to produce the best possible customer based
Demand Plan to be incorporated into the S & OP process. Ensuring current trends, promotions and displays are incorporated into the demand plan and communicating the customer demand plans and the assumptions behind them to all key stakeholders. The role also involves working closely with the Supply Planning/Market Supply Logistics team to identify and resolve changes in the forecast and their impact on Operations. They will also be responsible for ensuring that continuous improvement is integrated into the process and will be required to update/monitor process KPI’s and diagnostics and prepare written analyses, documentation, reports or other data of a quality requiring minimal to no supervisory review.
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Supply Chain, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Operations Research, or other quantitative business discipline
- 3-5 years work experience preferably within a FMCG industry; direct forecasting experience preferred.
- Software Skills: Proficiency with MS Office required, advanced MS Excel required,; experience with a forecast modeling tool helpful, e.g. Logility, FuturMaster, SAP experience helpful
- Working or developing knowledge of:
- Use of quantitative and qualitative methods to analyze situations and solve business problems
- Data management/databases
- OLAP tools
- Mass market retail environment
- Supply chain operations
- Ability to work cross functionally, influence, build relationships and excel in a team environment
Tasks, Duties, & Responsibilities
- Develop accurate demand forecasts at the Customer SKU level for the CPD business, while optimizing Trade Inventory, and minimizing forecast variability.
- Develop strong working knowledge of marketing/sales/customer business plans to validate the customer forecast and accurately reflect business plan alignment.
- Develop and maintain a 15-month operational customer demand plan by SKU by in the chosen forecasting tool.
- Focus on accuracy of the customer demand forecast for new product launches, based on accurate analysis of distribution builds and velocity/share expectations across the customer base.
- Ensure that customer promotional display programs included in the demand plan are reconciled with the sales and Supply chain team .
- Ensure that appropriate demand planning processes are being followed and updated, as needed. Maintain forecast system data integrity. Perform ad hoc analyses, as required, in support of contingency/scenario planning
- Work cross functionally toward continuous improvement of forecast accuracy and improve the error rate via management of Forecast Accuracy and Forecast Bias.
- Participate in special projects, providing leadership as needed on cross-functional teams
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.