SalonCentric, a subsidiary of L’Oreal USA, is the premiere distributor in the United States of salon professional products. Through its hundreds of stores, national field sales force and sub-distribution network, SalonCentric promotes the finest professional beauty brands and educates stylists on the latest products and trends
We are seeking an Inventory Supervisor to be responsible for onsite SAP systems administration, facilitation of all inventory control related functions and oversight of all inventory support employees. Reporting to the Operations Manager, this full time position is located in a small distribution center in South Portland where you will hands on involvement in all operational functions. As an Inventory Supervisor, you will be responsible for the set-up of facility related attributes in SAP, set-up of products in locations to maximize service and efficiency and ensure action is taken with excess and obsolete inventory.
- Responsible for providing direction and problem solving for direct reports:
- Development and implementation of the slotting and replenishment strategy including:
- Slotting optimization strategy & execution
- Identification & resolution of materials with incomplete replenishment strategy
- Identification & resolution of materials with incomplete put away strategies
- Identification & resolution of materials missing weights/dims
- Identification and update of 1st receipts
- Planning and execution of the annual physical inventory
- Manage daily inventory by reviewing and reconciling daily cuts, reviewing and approving cycle counts and conduct cleansing of 999 Inventory (purging of virtual bins to clear the inventory financials)
- Exception management of any wave planning issues
- Review and cleansing of the warehouse activity monitor
- Facilitation of Return to Vendor (RTV), Returns, Pre-Pack Breakdowns, Destruction, and Shows
- Responsibilities to take old material numbers and combine them into new material numbers (Smushing)
- Identification and correction of deliveries on block status
- Provide input on system enhancements and act as liaison to communicate and train the local staff on such enhancements
- High School diploma or GED. College degree preferred
- 2+ years previous experience as Systems Administrator or Inventory Control Supervisor
- Strong computer, analytical, and communication skills. Excel is a plus.
- Prior working knowledge of WMS or ERP
- Knowledge of SAP and inventory control experience a plus
- Must be flexible, organized, detail oriented, and ability to multi-task
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and presentation ability to enable discussions on challenges, discussions and issues
- Must have demonstrated previous experience managing hourly staff
- Excellent listening and communication skills
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Must be able to keep up with a fast paced and constantly changing environment
- Requires the ability to act independently without direct supervision as well as to support a team to accomplish critical and timely objectives
- Excellent work ethic a must
What We Offer
- A competitive compensation package
- Paid Vacation
- Paid holidays
- A generous benefits package with a strong company match.
At SalonCentric, we continue to focus on our people in order for them to perform at their best. That is why we offer a competitive compensation program; great benefits; and a fun, high energy, entrepreneurial environment. Visit us at www.saloncentric.com to learn more about our growing company.
SalonCentric is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.