About The Brand
NYX is the fastest growing cosmetics company in the world. Headquartered in Los Angeles CA, NYX maintains one of the broadest product offerings in the industry with more than 2,000 color choices across 100 cosmetic categories. Rich pigments and high payoff in products is what places NYX in a class of its own and distinguishes the line as a leader in the color cosmetics industry. With origins in the US, NYX is a global brand available at thousands of retailers and department stores, freestanding shops, and beauty supply stores around the world, as well as on www.nyxcosmetics.com
We believe that being a desired employer means offering more than tangible benefits. Our management values work life balance, flexibility, efficiency, responsive and friendly customer service. We are just as committed to our employees as we are to our customers. We listen to employees’ ideas and interests and we constantly strive to build a culture that fosters creativity, productivity and efficiency. We offer a fun and open environment throughout our offices to welcome idea sharing, communication, collaboration and team work.
The NYX Beauty advisor will demonstrate exceptional customer service and selling skills, be knowledgeable in all product categories, and be ready to assist customers with determining their needs. Our Associates are “beauty junkies”, with a passion for self-expression and fun. Our Beauty Advisors are encouraged to foster a collaborative work environment, ensuring a positive internal and external customer experience.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Consistently creates a welcoming environment for the customer by greeting and assisting as well as quickly responding to customer inquiries and needs.
- Respect and apply Nyx sales protocols
- Knowledgeable in all merchandise categories and able to make appropriate suggestions to the customers.
- Regularly communicates with Counter Manager to keep informed on all sales, promotions, and events.
- Complies with all company policies and procedures, including health, safety, and security.
- Assist in the maintenance of the store to ensure cleanliness and organization at all times.
- Maintains open and flexible availability to accommodate store needs.
- Stocks and organizes merchandise as necessary.
- Assist in the execution of merchandise calendar, sales promotions, and events as necessary.
- Actively participate in cleaning displayer units, tools, testers through the day
- Actively participate in store theme days and events and new product launches.
- Performs all duties as directed by supervisor.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Passionate about makeup.
- Master makeup techniques.
- Excellent client service, communication and organization skills.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills to communicate with confidence to both internal and external customers.
- Masters Make Up digital social networks.
- Masters Competition and Trends.
- Proper grooming based on brand guidelines.
- Ability to interact with customers from multiple nationalities.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds on occasional to frequent basis.
- Ability to spend up to 100% of work time standing or moving about the store. Physical activities include bending, stooping, lifting, climbing, carrying, walking, and/or reaching on a frequent basis.
- 1-2 years’ experience in cosmetics
- Makeup Certifications from Cosmetology School or Esthetician License a plus.
- Knowledge of any of the following is a plus: Spanish / Portuguese.
- Flexible schedule; store hours are 5am to midnight