Job: Industrial Quality Technician
Shift: 3rd shift (night)
Department: Technician - QA
Location: North Little Rock L’Oreal Manufacturing site
FLSA: Non- Exempt
Reports to: Quality Lab Manager
For more than a century, L’Oreal has devoted its energy, innovation and scientific excellence solely to one business: Beauty. A business rich in meaning, it enables all individuals to express their personalities, gain self-confidence and open up to others. Beauty is our language, a universal language. Joining L’Oreal means joining our mission of offering women and men worldwide the best innovation by meeting the infinite diversity of beauty needs and desires all over the world. A company founded on Science, we continually explore new territories and invent products of the future, while drawing inspiration from beauty rituals the world over. Our formula: Diversity Plus Inclusion equals Innovation and Success. Drawing on the diversity of our multinational teams and the richness and the complementarity of our brand portfolio, Beauty remains our commitment. L’Oréal has made the universalization of beauty its project for the years to come, offering beauty for all. At the heart of our activities lies the ambition to lead by example with high ethical standards and the determination to be seen as a good corporate citizen with goals that are not only business oriented but socially responsible. As a leader, we must preserve the beauty of the planet and contribute to the well-being of our employees and of the communities in which we are present. We invite you to explore the opportunities to help us perform this important mission.
To perform testing, color adjustment, analysis and disposition of bulk, components, work in process (WIP) and finished goods in support of production and release of cosmetic products.
Key Job Accountabilities:
Responsibilities are not limited to the below listing:
- Supports the Unit of Production (UP), regarding the quality control testing of packaging components, bulk and finished goods;
- Perform quality control testing according to the L’Oreal DGO methods;
- Responsible for quality control testing and release of components, bulk, WIP, and finished goods;
- Work with the UP to resolve production related issues;
- Responsible for safe practices in the laboratory;
- Responsible for taking part in SHAP assessments;
- Issues rejects on non-conforming lots;
- Testing and release of bulk;
- Performing line audits in the UP;
- Responsible for verification of lab equipment;
- Complete paperwork and computer work;
- Perform other duties as directed.
- Good knowledge of GMP/ISO requirements.
- Actively engaged in safety programs (MESURE, ISO, etc.)
- Perform routine audits to ensure compliance with ISO/GMP/DGO regulations
- Works with the UP, Logistics, and others as necessary;
- High school diploma or GED equivalency required;
- Good Management, organizational, and communication skills;
- Must have computer skills and proficiency in Excel and Word;
- Must have good English verbal and written skills;
- Basic mathematical skills of addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division are essential in completing the job requirements of this position;
- Must have strong attention to details.
Working Conditions (non-exempt only) – remove the section for exempt positions except in operations or supply chain roles where these may also be pertinent for certain exempt positions
- Machinery may produce noise levels that exceed OSHA’s action level: Employees are provided with and are required to wear personal hearing protection devices in these areas;
- Employees are required to wear steel-toed shoes.
- Nightshift position requirement
- Share best practices throughout local area and L’Oreal Global
- Thrive within a changing organization and fast-paced work environment
- Manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Create and provide an environment in which employees can work safely and thrive
- Self-motivated and work independently and as a team member
- Influence team and work well in a cross-functional team
- Manage the plant’s assets to maximize our stockholders return
- Selflessly develop others
- Build positive work relationships with all levels of the company
- People Developer
- Implement and utilize the L’Oreal USA Manifesto, Behavior Charter and Competencies
Technical / Professional:
- Demonstrate strong analytical and organizational skills;
- Demonstrate problem-solving skills and an understanding of simplification/improvement methodologies;
- Demonstrate professional judgment and sound decision-making skills;
- Maintain a safe work environment and follow all safety procedures;
- Ability to communicate scientific information in a clear and concise manner;
- Demonstrate 100% responsibility with regard to actions and reactions;
- Act as a responsible citizen in our company and community;
- Must be able to interact effectively – both internally and externally;
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing,;
- Ability to manage in complex situation often needing to deliver innovative results;
- Demonstrated success in persuasion, influence and negotiation skills;
- Results oriented;
This summary describes the general nature of work to be performed and is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of an incumbent in this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.