POSITION: Forklift Operator DEPARTMENT: Warehouse
REPORTS TO: Receiving Supervisor LOCATION: Tejon Ranch, CA
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
SalonCentric, a subsidiary of L’Oreal USA, is the premiere distributor in the United States of salon professional products. Through its hundreds of stores, national field sales force and sub-distribution network, SalonCentric promotes the finest professional beauty brands and educates stylists on the latest products and trends.
We are seeking a Forklift Operator to work Monday through Friday from 7:00 am to 3:30 pm at our Tejon Ranch, California Distribution Center, located at 5337 Wheeler Ridge Rd., Unit A, Arvin, CA 93203.
Individual’s primary responsibilities include safely operating the forklift to load, unload & put away product. May also operate other equipment and breakdown and receive products from vendors. Occasionally it may be necessary for this individual to work outside of their normal scheduled hours according to business needs. The department supervisor must approve overtime.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ability to use computer and radio frequency devices (RF gun).
- Must be able to operate powered material handling equipment (order picker, reach truck, turret truck, powered pallet jack, etc.) safely. Individual will be certified in use of equipment.
- Properly stretch wrap all pallets goods to be shipped using a stretch wrap machine. Load all finished goods into trailers utilizing the RF scan gun to make the transfer in the inventory management system.
- Transfers materials between storage racks, pallets, and trucks using an RF scan gun.
- Replenishment of pick locations.
- Perform daily forklift inspections to verify mechanical problems and complete safety inspections on a daily basis before operating the lift.
- Organize and secure stored materials (pallets, boxes, etc).
- Report any damaged pallets, defective equipment, or safety hazards to management and fill out necessary paperwork.
- Perform loading and unloading procedures steadily and cautiously.
- Adhere to and appreciate all safety procedures and routines on and off lift machinery.
- Consult with fellow warehouse employees on necessary loading and unloading procedures.
- Must be able to meet department productivity KPI standards.
- Good work ethics and ability to interface effectively with others in the company.
- All work areas must be kept clean and free of debris.
- Individual may be assigned to other warehouse tasks and duties as needed.
- Clean and sweep warehouse and dock areas daily.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS (To include relevant work experience, competencies and education requirements):
- Requires the ability to support a team to accomplish critical and timely objectives
- Ability to handle numbers and basic math
- Excellent work ethic a must
- Excellent listening and communication skills
- Ability to work effectively without direct supervision
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Must be able to keep up with a fast paced environment
- Must wear protective eyewear, footwear, hand protection (gloves) and safety vests
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 38 pounds
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Two years experience using an RF scan gun desired.
- Three years of forklift experience operating order pickers/ turret trucks desired.
SAP Experience is a plus.
What We Offer
- A competitive compensation package
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick Time
- Paid Holidays
- A generous benefits package with a strong company match.
At SalonCentric, we continue to focus on our people in order for them to perform at their best. That is why we offer a competitive compensation program; great benefits; and a fun, high energy, entrepreneurial environment. Visit us at www.saloncentric.com to learn more about our growing company.
SalonCentric is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.