Tipo de Emprego: Tempo Integral
Localização: New Jersey - Cranbury
The transportation Planner is responsible for order management, transportation planning and analysis using a TMS. Planner is also responsible for on-time delivery of shipments to internal and external customer base. This position regularly interacts with various stakeholders; including but not limited to: on-site shipping personnel, promotional purchasing, MSL and manufacturing. The position is currently based in Cranbury, NJ with some travel to other L'Oreal sites in NJ as needed.
The Transportation Planner reports to the Manager of Transportation Planning and is responsible for planning all flows of raw materials and components into manufacturing facilities; finished goods from manufacturing facilities to and from L’Oreal DCs and to customers. Planner will plan all modes of domestic transportation and will need to become an expert in use of TMS planning tools and some relevant functions in SAP. Planner will also need to develop relationships with carriers and L’Oreal facilities.
· Executing current carrier contracts and providing scheduled ship dates, to achieve on time shipment delivery through the use of the Transportation Management System (TMS)
· Actively decrease transportation costs and increase shipping efficiencies through aggregations, consolidations, volume quotes, mode selection, etc.
· Coordinate expedited and guaranteed service for on-time performance and reducing violation charges
· Analyze and recommend expedite opportunities and report costs and transit times to stakeholders
· Work with Customer Service teams, shipping docks and carriers to ensure smooth flow of information from order optimization to customer delivery.
· Liaison between Carriers and internal/external customers when issues arise.
· Provide internal and external clients with transportation costs and transit times to determine best route for projects, cost analysis, etc.
· BS/BA Degree in Supply Chain or related field
· 3 or more years of relevant experience preferred
· Computer skills required, specifically for Microsoft Excel, and Outlook
· Experience preferred with SAP, and Transportation Management Systems
· Must be willing to work a 2nd shift (10-6:30pm) once a week or support as required. This 2nd shift can be done remotely, if necessary
· Must be willing to work on site and/or remotely to support peak season volumes and after hours on call rotation