Urban Decay is seeking a VP/AVP of Global Marketing to join our team in Newport Beach, CA.
The AVP/VP, Global Marketing is responsible for driving 360 DMI marketing campaigns to deliver robust, impactful and executable consumer-facing marketing activations across the globe.
- Partner with cross-functional teams, including, Creative, E-Comm, IBD and Merchandising, to create robust, business-driving campaigns for all product launches and core activations.
- Build deliverable briefs for creative execution. Serve as the internal liaison to align all department heads to create consistency and collaboration
- Responsible for delivering detailed Fully Loaded Launch plans for countries to execute buzz-driving campaigns locally.
- Develop promotional programs (including GWP, value sets, collateral, sets, in store events, etc.) for each season for global and market-specific promotions. Monitor and track programs throughout development and production process including preparation, issuance and/or revisions of paperwork for every project
- Communicate strategies and brand positioning to International regions/markets, providing learnings, best practices and guidance for them to fully decentralize and execute locally, when applicable.
- Manage briefings/relationships with agencies and vendors for campaigns not executed in-house.
- Partners with VP of E-commerce and AVP of Social to build dotcom campaign initiatives and campaign lifecycle
- Collaborate closely with the VP of US Marketing to ensure all marketing activations adapted for use globally.
These job responsibilities are subject to change in accordance with business necessity.
Other duties as assigned.
Successful employee should be adaptable in using their organizational skills to prioritize tasks and opportunistic in taking ownership of various projects. Have the urgency to anticipate busy schedules and teamwork to communicate with other members of the department/store to complete assignments on time and accurately. Possess openness in their problem solving and integrity in their research to effectively address the needs of the team and the brand. Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by the company from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Leads with Human Sensitivity – Demonstrates respect (i.e. leads direct reports in a demanding yet fair way), develops others
- Displays Sensitivity to Our “Métier” – Focuses on quality (i.e. challenges and controls the quality of the team’s work), builds knowledge of the beauty business and understands beauty (i.e. expresses creative concepts with sharp coherence between words, visuals and staging)
- Demonstrates Entrepreneurship – Takes initiative (i.e. takes risks, challenges the status quo), focuses on customers, improves performance (i.e. takes actions to create value and contain costs) and develops a vision
- Innovates – Shows curiosity (i.e. looks for trends and events in various domains), imagines creative solutions generating business value, promotes team creativity (i.e. participates in creative controversy using insightful questioning and constructive critique)
- Achieves Results with Integrity – Conveys energy, focuses on results and acts with integrity
- Manages Complexity – Reasons from multiple perspectives (i.e. simplifies complex issues by identifying essential elements) and makes decisions (i.e. involves key stakeholders in the decision making process)
- Interacts Effectively – Listens and communicates effectively and actively networks (i.e. meets stakeholders, understands and decodes their needs and shares these with the team)
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF REQUIREMENTS
Normal Office Environment – may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5-7 years’ experience in the cosmetics industry, specifically in international markets
- Exceptional oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong organizational and follow-up skills
- Ability to work independently within a rigorous deadline schedule
- Ability to function in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Strong presentation skills
- Standard MS Office applications, especially PowerPoint and Excel
- Familiarity with Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and/or InDesign a plus
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.