‘Make-up is about self-expression. It’s not about covering your flaws, but showing the world who you are’
– Wende Zomnir (Founding Partner)
Urban Decay is beauty with an edge, embodying an avant-garde attitude to our products and beauty. We want to captivate and empower women and men with products that stand out. If you love make-up and luxury, we are what you’re looking for.
You will be part of an expert team driving brand awareness and sales, while making each of our customers feel special every day. You’re passionate about exceptional service and luxury beauty even if you don’t yet have experience within this industry. You’re approachable, friendly and thrive working in a team to create a positive working environment with your colleagues and for your clients on counter.
As an artistry brand, we look for a passion for make-up and a high level of ability but a qualification, although desirable, is not mandatory for this position.
You’ll have the opportunity to attend Urban Decay training and education as well as benefit from L’Oréal learning opportunities so you can development yourself within your role, opening up career paths such as becoming a Make Up Artist, Counter Manager and even a Business or Area Manager in the future.
- Responsible for achieving Superior Customer Service and Business results of the Store, through both their own work and by their team members.
- Support the Business and Deputy Business Manager to ensure smooth and efficient running of the account by establishing correct and regular communication. The Team Leader is also required to aid the Business and Deputy Business Manager to achieve the following goals: retail results, staff recruitment payroll, and inventory shortage, as well as implementation and follow-up on training and development of team.
- Need to lead and coach the Urban Decay team. The Team Leader is expected to set objectives for each team member based on the retail tactics.
- Will take the role of the Business or Deputy Manager during any periods of absence.
- The Team Leader is also responsible for overseeing Tamigo and ensuring all BA’s are utilising this tool
- Achieves or will exceed the store retail targets, Icon and Key Performance Indicator targets.
- Regularly communicates Retail, Icon and KPI achievement updates to employees and Retail team
- Seeks out business opportunities within the community and communicates relevant information to the Business and Deputy Business Manager.
- Assists the Business and Deputy Business Manager in ensuring accurate records are kept of all Store employees’ hours worked and that proper payroll procedures are followed. Responsible for accuracy of all orders placed and received.
- Maximizes selling during heavy traffic periods. Ensure sales floor is supervised appropriately
- Professionally groomed
Brand / Product Awareness
- Implements the company’s education strategy as necessary, such coaching and assisting our teams to deliver the Urban Decay Seven step customer experience.
- Exhibits updated product knowledge and application.
- Monitors employees’ levels of product knowledge and service for accuracy, skill and application.
- Identifies account employees’ education needs and ensures they are met.
- Ensures that all customers receive the highest level of service
- Coaches employees to achieve their optimum professional development.
- Responsible for creating a professional and positive work environment for all the Account employees at all times
- Offers regular and immediate performance-based feedback on productivity, service levels, product knowledge, selling skills, professional demeanor, etc.
- The wider team
- Retail Business Managers / Sales and Store Managers/ Training Manager/ Head Office / Personnel