Job Title: VP-IT, eCommerce Americas
Function: Information Systems (USA Digital IT)
Location: 10 Hudson Yards, NYC
L’Oreal Group has aggressively embraced the digital era, and has advanced many leading consumer-facing digital solutions across its business units. Focus on customers in addition to products is a key pivot for L’Oreal and the company has developed leading platforms to enable the customer journey.
The VP of eCommerce will be responsible for the 50+ Direct to Consumer eCommerce sites of L’Oreal Americas. They will own technology strategy, site delivery, support, and optimizations (performance, SEO) for all sites. Additionally, they will facilitate and own all technology employed in Indirect eCommerce activities.
We seek an experienced IT leader to own this strategy and execution for the Americas. The team consists of 11 employees, several consultants, and significant vendor partnerships and project teams. The team is expected to grow in the coming months to support the growth in the channel.
- Anticipate and collect the zone’s strategic business needs. Define a capabilities based road map for eCommerce in general and brand/country specific road maps that incorporate relevant brand experiences and has a logical progression from today’s state.
- Translate the IT strategy into an operational plan for the eCommerce domain, including financial, human and material aspects. Ensure the team supports both huge eCommerce countries as well as emerging countries.
- Understand, challenge and formalize business requirements to align on achievable projects that drive business results. Ensure design, architecture, and project management follow best practices.
- Steer the build activities and manage all IT projects ensuring the quality, content, costs and deadlines.
- Consistently prioritize and improve security ensuring that all applications, data, and processes are designed to maximize security and privacy of L’Oreal and L’Oreal customer data
- Guarantee the operational efficiency and Service Level Agreements of the applications running under the eCommerce domain and ensure that the necessary evolutions are recommended and implemented.
- Recruit, develop and manage the teams; ensure development of expertise and know-how and support organizational changes.
- Watch the market/technology trends and spot potential evolutions in line with business opportunities
- Drive standardization and harmonization of the application portfolio in the eCommerce domain across all Americas countries where relevant accounting for both small & large countries
- Manage the overall internal client demands by arbitrating between client satisfaction and IT feasibility (budgets, technical constraints, priorities…).
- Ensure the support activities run smoothly every day and plan/test specifically for holiday incremental volumes
- Evolve the automated regression testing initiative to have broad coverage across the zone
- Continue to invest in strong and modern operational processes that ensure Site Speed and SEO performance of all sites
- Demonstrated IT Team Leader who can craft a vision and achieve great results through identifying achievable goals that build the vision.
- Deep working knowledge in eCommerce and all web technologies (Salesforce Commerce Cloud a strong plus)
- Knowledgeable on cloud computing and big data
- Outstanding functional and technical communication skills: written, verbal and presentation
- Results oriented business, IT and vendor collaboration expert
- Proactive, optimistic, and simplification-oriented mindset bringing a can-do approach to complexity and challenges
- B.S. degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or other technical discipline
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in eCommerce management roles
- Experience leading technical teams with and without a direct reporting structure
- Deep technical expertise and management experience in data design and governance.
- Fluency in Spanish, French, or Portuguese are a plus. Experience in Americas countries is a plus as well.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status. If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.