POSITION TITLE: VP Retail Technology Innovation
REPORT TO: CHIEF RETAIL OFFICER
PRIMARY LOCATION: NEW YORK (HUDSON YARDS)
L’Oreal, the largest cosmetics company in the world, owns and operates many of the world’s leading retail brands, including Urban Decay, Kiehl’s, Lancôme, L’Oreal Paris, and NYX Cosmetics, among many others. L’Oreal is currently creating a central team to support its expanding retail portfolio of over 1,000 free standing stores in the Americas.
We are currently seeking a VP of Retail Technology & Innovation, a key function that makes the link between IT and business and lead the retail technology acceleration at L’Oreal.
Job Title: VP Retail Technology & Innovation
This role will provide, along with the head of Retail IT, leadership oversight of all retail technology and innovation including development, execution and overall management of existing/future technology and infrastructure (for all L’Oreal brands under the L’Oreal POS system: Kiehl’s, Urban Decay, NYX, outlets, future business development).
Will work closely with the brands to understand business and system requirements and provide a critical link between the functional and technical delivery team to ensure a complete and cohesive solution.
Develop a technology vision with strategic interactive innovative platforms to surprise and delight the consumer experience. Manage technology investments in the retail space with research & innovation collaboration to positively impacts the business, the bottom line and the customer experience.
Provides a unique combination of functional and technical product expertise and delivery implementation experience in retail systems to design and deliver software solutions to meet needs.
Lead pilots, including training, and monitor performance / roll out of new technology (upgrade, innovation project).
Lead global communications and liaison with all zones to push the evolution of L’Oreal retail technology. Participate in brand retail technology planning and identify collaboration opportunities between brands.
- Develop, manage and present CAPEX and OPEX budget planning in collaboration with IT Teams.
- Identify strategic priorities and align brands and senior management
- Manage/liaison on all brand retail technology innovation projects that meet the brands needs, specifically in rapid application development. Share opportunities amongst brands to lead L’Oreal in fast retail technology
- Regularly engage in retail store visits and brands
- Manage Cegid User Group in NYC and maintain collaborations to stay connected.
- Collaborate with R&I to leverage in-house technology development opportunities that are the sole propriety of L’Oreal
- Manage current Retail Point of Sale System and research, development of a new Point of Sales System.
- Identify system requirements and functionality through brand exploration and being abreast of current requirements
- Oversight and knowledge of standard retail operations procedures and audit requirements for retail technology
- Oversee the maintenance, development of all retail technology training including documentation and brand training.
- Oversight of current L’Oreal Retail Infrastructure. Work with IT Security and Infrastructure teams to streamline the process and continue to evolve retail infrastructure to be best in class and meets the current brand demands at retail 7 days a week.
- 8 – 10 years of Diverse Retail Technology Experience, with knowledge in retail operations and retail technology and customer service
- Ability to think strategically and communicate a compelling vision
- Strong external retail network to stay abreast of rapid changes in retail technology
- Expert knowledge of current retail technology
- Highly resourceful and flexible
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage budgets
- Ability to liaison globally and collaborate with various business partners and vendors successfully
- Detail oriented and results driven
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- IT experience a plus
- Bachelor’s degree
- French language skill as a plus
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.