Tipo de posição: Internship
Tipo de emprego: Full - Time
País: United Kingdom
Visual Merchandising Industrial Placement
Based: Hammersmith, London
Duration: 54 Weeks
Start Dates: Monday 1st July 2019
Annual Salary: £20,000 per annum
IMPORTANT - Eligibility Criteria - You must be an undergraduate in your second year of study to apply to this role. If you will be graduated either before this Industrial Placement starts or graduate during your time on the placement then unfortunately you are not eligible.
When you walk into a department store and are greeted by a display of gleaming products, you’re seeing the work of Visual Merchandising. The L'Oréal intern in this department has a ‘roll up your selves’ attitude and is ready to get stuck in!
When a new product is launched, it’ll be your job to think of unique ways in which we can present this to our customers nationwide. We want you to assess our competitors and up the game. It’s a busy and fast-paced role, but seeing your ideas come to life is super rewarding.
Day-to-day you may be...
· Supporting the Visual Merchandising team with preparing and planning for new launches and promotions
· Partnering with all the relevant retailers to ensure visual merchandising is correctly implemented across the UK e.g. Tesco, Debenhams
· Taking on your own projects and building up an in-depth expertise of visual merchandising
· Working closely with the Marketing team to design, manage and develop Point of Sale units
· Launch guidelines whilst further coordinating printing and distribution to stores
· Updating developing and designing planograms to guide stores on how to present their product
· Liaising with marketing and sales in order to confirm direction and stock levels
· Regular in-store visits to track competitor activity and launches across retailers, gathering photos, details on materials and structures to create a monthly report for presentation to the Marketing Team and General Manager
· Attending trade shows and supplier fairs on behalf of the team
In order to be successful in this role you will need to have:
· Have strong communication and interpersonal skills
· Have a good eye for detail and an awareness of current Visual Merchandising trends
· Able to work autonomously with great organisational and time-management skills
· Experience in PowerPoint/ InDesign and Excel would be an advantage.
· Eligible to work in the UK
· In your second year at University on a course which enables you to take an Industrial Placement Year (unfortunately if you are graduated you are not eligible).
If you are eligible to apply you will then be sent a link via email to an online assessment. In this we would like you to answer three questions, two written and one via video. There is no time limit on this so please don’t feel obligated to do this straight away, however, the quicker you get it finished the quicker we can continue to move you through the process!
After this, if you are successful you will be put in a waiting list to attend one of our Assessment Centres. Please note that we get hundreds of applications and we work on a first come, first serve basis so please be patient and we will contact you if you have been given a place in an Assessment Centre (but this may take a few weeks!).