SalonCentric, the professional products distribution operation of L’Oreal USA and the premier distribution partner to the professional salon community in the U.S., has an exciting opening for a Receiving & Returns Supervisor to join the Operations team at the Distribution Center in Grand Rapids, MI.
General responsibilities include supervision of the receiving processes and responsibilities include safety, on time receipt and put-away of receipts, complete on time receipt of returns, achieve productivity and labor cost targets, establish high performing team and housekeeping that is tour ready condition at all times.
- Leads and manages the receiving team, including performance reviews, staff training & development, hiring, terminations, and counseling.
- Ensures receiving team members abide by safety procedures and use proper protective equipment. Provide frequent communications on safety related subjects and encourage and act on ideas that can improve safety performance. Periodically audit employee practices and provide feedback and coaching
- Administers all location replenishments
- Monitors and ensures the daily cycle counts; scheduling all incoming freight; and delivering all incoming packages/letters
- Maintains tracking and controlling inbound manifest
- Manages the daily productivity information for Dashboard
- Ensures the monthly reports completion
- Responsible for achieving on time and accurate receipt and put-away of receipts
- Strives to achieve continuous improvement in productivity and labor costs by setting expectations, providing feedback, establishing improved processes and driving change
- Monitors daily housekeeping of the facility
- Coordinates with leadership staff the movement of employees thru-out the facility to achieve service and cost objectives
- Performs other duties and tasks as needed upon request.
- Oversee on time and accurate completion of customer returns
- Administers on time and accurate breakdown of pre-packs requested by Purchasing, as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred; minimum of 2 - 3 years of people and warehouse leadership experience
- Hands-on management experience in a fast paced, high volume distribution environment.
- Strong computer, analytical, and communication skills.
- Must be flexible, organized, detail oriented, and a change agent with the ability to multi-task.
- Valid state driver’s license, with good driving record within the previous 5 years
- Must be able to wear protective eyewear, footwear, hand protection (gloves) and safety vests
- Broad knowledge of OSHA and safety regulations and understanding of warehouse operations required.
- Must maintain current certification in DOT Transportation and RCRA Hazardous Materials courses.
What We Offer
- A competitive compensation package
- Medical insurance with a generous employer contribution
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- 401K Plan with company match
- Medical and dependent care flexible savings account
- Employee assistance plan
- A professional and enjoyable working environment with potential for growth!
Visit us at www.saloncentric.com to learn more about our growing company.
SalonCentric is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.