East Manchester, PA
2nd Shift is Sunday-Thursday, 3:00pm to 11:30pm
This position is for SalonCentric, a subsidiary of L’Oreal USA. SalonCentric is the premier national distributor of beauty products to salons and salon professionals.
SalonCentric is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.
General responsibilities include supervision of the order selection processes and responsibilities include safety, on time shipping of orders, accurate orders, achieve productivity and labor cost targets, establish high performing team and housekeeping that is tour ready condition at all times
- Manages and leads the order selection team, including performance reviews, staff training & development, hiring, terminations, and counseling.
- Ensure that all order selection team members abide by safety procedures and use proper protective equipment. Provide frequent communications on safety related subjects and encourage and act on ideas that can improve safety performance. Periodically audit employee practices and provide feedback and coaching
- Manages submission of daily productivity information for Dashboard
- Achieves on time shipment of orders
- Ensures the shipping of accurate orders
- Responsible for achieving continuous improvement in productivity and labor costs by setting expectations, providing feedback, establishing improved processes and driving change.
- Monitors daily housekeeping of the facility
- Coordinates with leadership staff the movement of employees thru-out the warehouse to achieve service and cost objectives
- Performs other duties and tasks as needed upon request.
- Administers on time and accurate breakdown of pre-packs requested by Purchasing, as required.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS (To include relevant work experience, competencies and education requirements):
Bachelor’s Degree required; minimum of 2 - 3 years of people and warehouse leadership experience
- Hands-on management experience in a fast paced, high volume distribution environment.
- Strong computer, analytical, and communication skills.
- Must be flexible, organized, detail oriented, and a change agent with the ability to multi-task.
- Valid state driver’s license, with good driving record within the previous 5 years
- Must be able to wear protective eyewear, footwear, hand protection (gloves) and safety vests
- Broad knowledge of OSHA and safety regulations and understanding of warehouse operations required.
- Must maintain current certification in DOT Transportation and RCRA Hazardous Materials courses