Job: Warehouse Supervisor
Division: Consumer Product Division
Location: North Little Rock, AR
Reports to: Warehouse Manager
For more than a century, L’Oreal has devoted its energy, innovation and scientific excellence solely to one business: Beauty. A business rich in meaning, it enables all individuals to express their personalities, gain self-confidence and open up to others. Beauty is our language, a universal language. Joining L’Oreal means joining our mission of offering women and men worldwide the best innovation by meeting the infinite diversity of beauty needs and desires all over the world. A company founded on Science, we continually explore new territories and invent products of the future, while drawing inspiration from beauty rituals the world over. Our formula: Diversity Plus Inclusion equals Innovation and Success. Drawing on the diversity of our multinational teams and the richness and the complementarity of our brand portfolio, Beauty remains our commitment. L’Oréal has made the universalization of beauty its project for the years to come, offering beauty for all. At the heart of our activities lies the ambition to lead by example with high ethical standards and the determination to be seen as a good corporate citizen with goals that are not only business oriented but socially responsible. As a leader, we must preserve the beauty of the planet and contribute to the well-being of our employees and of the communities in which we are present. We invite you to explore the opportunities to help us perform this important mission.
Supervise warehouse operations to achieve 100% SIO participation amongst team and effectively lead a team of forklift operators and Team Leads in the efficient execution of the manufacturing supply chain processes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the flows work force to maximize the efficient conduct of manufacturing operations.
- Contribute to the achievement of Flows goals, including Safety, Quality, People Development, Recognition and Accountability (i.e. coaching team members).
- Maintain a safe, clean, work environment and implement L’Oréal USA Environmental programs.
- Maintain appropriate records and complete necessary reports in a timely manner.
- Train and assist all personnel in skills and procedures that assist in maximizing the efficient conduct of manufacturing operations.
- Where applicable, develop labor standards for new products.
- Where applicable, manage vendor/sub-contractor activity.
- Manage and implement all L’Oréal USA policies and practices including, but not limited to, the Corporation’s Equal Employment Opportunity policy.
Judgement and Decision Making:
- Decisions made by the Warehouse Supervisor can directly impact Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost, Environment and Morale. The supervisor must make these decisions with only intermittent involvement from Supervision based on the knowledge gained from their trainings.
- Safety: Fully supports an independent safety culture and works proactively to accomplish the safety mission in the plant of Zero Accidents.
- Quality: Supports and embraces the quality mission of the plant.
- Delivery: The supervisor must be able to develop and train staff to meet the production and shipment demands and ensure that our customers receive our products on time; this will be accomplished through formal and informal coaching with every team member.
- Cost: Must ensure the team consistently works in the most efficient manner so the cost of goods sold is aligned with the financials.
- Environment: Supports and embraces the environmental mission of the plant.
- Morale: Must be an actively engaged employee with excellent people management skills that exhibits a positive attitude and a focus on teamwork to achieve best in class results.
- High School diploma with post-secondary training or technical school or equivalent experience;
- Bachelor’s degree in major technical discipline strongly preferred;
- 3-5 years’ experience in manufacturing operations;
- Knowledgeable in the use of L’Oréal systems (SAP, Flexnet, etc.) preferred;
- Must be able to observe Good Manufacturing Practices (G.M.P) at all times
- Must obtain L’Oreal forklift certification/AGV training
- Microsoft Office Knowledge including but not limited to PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, and Word.
Technical / Professional:
- Demonstrate strong analytical and organizational skills;
- Demonstrate problem-solving skills and an understanding of simplification/improvement methodologies;
- Demonstrate professional judgment and sound decision-making skills;
- Maintain a safe work environment and follow all safety procedures;
- Ability to communicate scientific information in a clear and concise manner;
- Demonstrate 100% responsibility with regard to actions and reactions;
- Act as a responsible citizen in our company and community;
- Must be able to interact effectively – both internally and externally;
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing;
- Ability to manage in complex situation often needing to deliver innovative results;
- Demonstrated success in persuasion, influence and negotiation skills;
- Results oriented;
- Must be willing to travel overnight.
- Must have a technical aptitude with a willingness to learn new operations / technologies.
- Must produce World Class Results through teamwork, selflessly developing and training others for success.
- Must have a positive attitude and be open to new ideas and concepts.
- Must thrive within a changing organization requiring the need to multi-task.
- Must listen for understanding and communicate using the Who, What, When, Where and How model.
- This summary describes the general nature of work to perform and is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of an incumbent in this position.
- Must be certified to operate a forklift;
- Occasional lifting up to 40lbs;
- Continuous movement in the warehouse.
- Must be willing to work off-shift hours to ensure training coverage for all shifts.
- Share best practices throughout local area and L’Oreal Global
- Thrive within a changing organization and fast-paced work environment
- Manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Create and provide an environment in which employees can work safely and thrive
- Self-motivated and work independently and as a team member
- Influence team and work well in a cross-functional team
- Manage the plant’s assets to maximize our stockholders return
- Selflessly develop others
- Build positive work relationships with all levels of the company
- Implement and utilize the L’Oreal USA Manifesto, Behavior Charter and Competencies
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.