Job: 12 Month Junior Human Resources Associate – Early Careers
Department: Human Resources
Location: New York, NY
Reports to: HR Manager
For more than a century, L’Oreal has devoted its energy, innovation and scientific excellence solely to one business: Beauty. A business rich in meaning, it enables all individuals to express their personalities, gain self-confidence and open up to others. Beauty is our language, a universal language. Joining L’Oreal means joining our mission of offering women and men worldwide the best innovation by meeting the infinite diversity of beauty needs and desires all over the world. A company founded on Science, we continually explore new territories and invent products of the future, while drawing inspiration from beauty rituals the world over. Our formula: Diversity Plus Inclusion equals Innovation and Success. Drawing on the diversity of our multinational teams and the richness and the complementarity of our brand portfolio, Beauty remains our commitment. L’Oréal has made the universalization of beauty its project for the years to come, offering beauty for all. At the heart of our activities lies the ambition to lead by example with high ethical standards and the determination to be seen as a good corporate citizen with goals that are not only business oriented but socially responsible. As a leader, we must preserve the beauty of the planet and contribute to the well-being of our employees and of the communities in which we are present. We invite you to explore the opportunities to help us perform this important mission.
The Early Careers – Junior HR Associate is a unique opportunity to gain experience and exposure to both Talent Acquisition and Talent Management in the HR function. This role is responsible for supporting Talent Management initiatives, Talent Acquisition responsibilities and other administrative tasks for the L’Oreal USA Corporate Talent Division in the Human Resources Department. This role will focus on the development of strong junior talent pipeline through Summer Internships and Junior Marketing Associate Program to serve as the feeder for the Marketing and Digital Management Trainee program while working with functional groups to help attract, recruit, develop and manage talent. This will align with the overall business strategy including applicant sourcing, recruiting, data management/reporting, file maintenance, onboarding, HRIS, training and development, organization development, and executive administration.
Key Job Accountabilities:
- Serve as the key partner for summer interns and Junior Marketing Associates with coordination and analysis, and recommend appropriate strategies to support recruitment, development, and retainment of intern population to convert the best talent into the Management Trainee program.
- Assist with the assessment and hiring selection of incoming Management Trainee class and manage/coordinate candidate interviews with both HR and line managers
- Assist in coordinating the Management Trainee Orientation & Onboarding curriculum for each incoming class (Winter and Fall class)
- Assist in the placement of the Management Trainee for the field and marketing rotations
- Assist in Talent Management of Management Trainees after the program
- Assist in developing the Alumni Network
- Support Talent Acquisition team in the recruitment process of Marketing and Digital summer interns, 12-month interns and Diverse Future Leaders Fellowship program
- Sourcing candidates
- Coordinate candidate interviews or conducting initial screening
- Administrative duties including drafting offer letters, conducting background checks, and Applicant Tracking System maintenance
- Assist in facilitating Fellowship Program initiatives as a pipeline for future summer interns
- Assist in facilitating campus activations including conferences and career fairs
Data Analysis & Reporting:
- Perform data analysis and create PowerPoint presentations, as needed for both internal and external stakeholders
- Prepare reporting, and analyses as required, for annual talent review, salary exercise, Affirmative Action Plan
- Provide weekly/bi-weekly or Monthly monitoring and reporting on
- POP internal job applications
- Open junior roles across L’USA
- Historical List of active Management Trainees and alumni
- Retention, tenure, performance/talent status
- HR Special projects/responsibilities as defined by department management
Generalist & Administration:
- HR Generalist duties in partnership with HR Business Partners for all Marketing and Digital Management Trainee and MBA Chief of Staff population which include onboarding new employees, facilitating employee moves, organizing new hires for orientation, preparing organizational charts, managing and analyzing HR reports, prepping meeting materials and the interview process for junior HR talent, drafting HR announcements, and ordering supplies
- Additional ad hoc responsibilities depending on business need
- L’Oreal USA offers a hybrid work model where employees can work up to 2 days a week remotely and 3 days in the office. This role is based out of Hudson Yards in New York City.
- Candidates must have received a Bachelor’s degree within the last 12 months OR must have graduated with a Master’s degree within the last 12 months with no gap more than 5 months in education history
- Possess a 3.0 GPA or higher
- Prior internship or office experience preferred
- Must be a self-starter/self-motivated and have a strong work ethic and a sense of urgency
- Demonstrates ability to work in a fast-paced environment with composure, as well as independently.
- Possess cross cultural awareness and high emotional intelligence and empathy
- Have a “customer service” orientation with ability to escalate issues when appropriate
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong project management skills with attention to detail while juggling multiple priorities
- Strong interpersonal, communication (verbal and written), presentation and networking skills to form strong cross-functional relationships
- Demonstrated use of analytical skills – both using tools (ex. Excel, Business Objects, etc.) and problem solving/critical thinking skills
- Computer proficiency including Microsoft Office Suite of products including Microsoft Office – Excel, Word, -PowerPoint and Microsoft Outlook for email, calendar, contacts, scheduling and task management required
This summary describes the general nature of work to be performed and is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of an incumbent in this position.
This position is NON-EXEMPT under FLSA, and is eligible for straight time up to 40 hours and overtime paid in accordance with FLSA regulations after working 40 hours in a weekly period.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.