Do you like using data to think about how to solve real-world problems and want to further sustainability goals?
Then L'Oréal Research & Innovation might be exactly the place you have always been looking for!
For more than hundred years, L’Oréal believes that beauty needs Science. In a world now transformed by digital technology and the emergence of new scientific Domains, we are confident in our ability to turn these opportunities into major innovations, closely linked to the new consumer expectations all over the world. Science & Technology are allowing us to invent safe, trustable, sustainable & responsible beauty products and experiences that will change people’s lives. L’Oréal R&I has continuously invested upstream in its research with a high level of ambition. Our 3800 L'Oréal R&I people are talented and highly skilled, located in major markets, working in a cooperative way, opened to the world.
Global warming, environmental changes, increased Sea levels, ocean warming as well as extreme weather events are on the rise. With higher stakes must come stronger commitments. This is the reason why L’Oréal has decided to take its efforts even further through a program called “L’Oréal for the Future”. Our commitments towards 2030 mark the beginning of a more radical transformation and embody our view as to what a company’s vision, purpose and responsibilities should be to meet the challenges facing the world.
At L’Oréal, we want to take on greater responsibility, go beyond the mere transformation of our business model. With our new sustainability program, we want to demonstrate that companies can be part of the solution to some of today’s most pressing environmental and social challenges. You will be joining the sustainability R&I team to help drive our 2030 goals and vision.
We are looking for a talented and motivated student or recent graduate who is able to use data to solve problems and has a passion for sustainability. This role is on site in Clark, NJ.
- This role will support the work of strategizing, driving, and supporting L4TF ambitious programs, with an emphasis on developing data analysis tools that supports L’Oréal’s ambitious sustainability initiatives.
- You will obtain, filter, and analyze data relating to the creation and improvement of the tool.
- You will define the requirements and validate the data output of the tool.
- You will be responsible for communicating progress using data visualization best practices.
- You will help business partners adopt and leverage the data analysis tool to achieve their business goals and create new insights.
- A Bachelor's degree or above in a STEM field.
- Candidates must be highly organized, reliable, and self-starting with project management and strong data skills
- Experience with large datasets, statistical analysis, and data visualization.
- Proven ability to collaborate with teams, navigate complex data sets, and articulate the story the data is telling to a range of audiences
- A rigorously analytical approach and are intellectually curious.
- The successful candidate will have a passion for sustainability, strong attention to details.
- Strong writing, oral and presentation skills
- Team player with the highest ethical standards and a “can-do” attitude
- Authorization to work in the United States on a permanent, ongoing basis, without the need for sponsorship now or in the future
- Currently within 12 months of graduation from a four-year undergraduate college or university with continuous educational history OR enrolled in a graduate program with no break in education
- Able to own and drive projects from ideation to completion
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.