IT –Finance Analyst - Job Summary
Reporting functionally to US Finance Director
This position is key to ensuring the integrity of the financial reporting and planning via proactive collaboration with key business partners. Role has direct responsibility for budget, trends, and actual reporting of monthly results for a segment of IT expenses. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: month end closing, reporting and analysis, creating/updating budget and trend, interaction with the group leaders on financial processes and offering problem solutions, partnership with IT team to ensure compliance of L’Oreal policies, and continuous identification of potential process and efficiency enhancement for operational expenses optimization.
- Perform analysis (year to date/year to go, run-rate) and reporting of stakeholders spend, activity lines, and other variances; and partner with department heads in resource prioritization
- Liaison with IT Budget Owners, Division & Corporate Finance – summarize monthly performance and highlight key risks & opportunities
- Participate in month-end general ledger closing procedures (month-end/year-end financial closing) with accounting team (journal entries)
- Review, approve or Reject Purchase Orders
- Maintain Financial reporting / forecasting tools (SAP/Compass), including Division / Brand allocation matrix and prepare brand level allocation variance explanations
- Issue monthly financial reports accurately and timely - Provide concise reporting to stakeholders communicating their actual spending vs Budget/Trend and partner on ensuring that overall financial commitments are met
- Collaborate with Corporate L’Oreal teams in managing accounting related matters
- Proficiency in all aspects of accounting and all pertinent GAAP/IFRS, supporting internal control compliance and remediation process of any outstanding audit issues
- Support the IT finance team to continuously improve the structure and process simplification.
- Financial support to IT ad hoc projects.
- 3+ years’ experience in the Finance/Accounting area, with solid background in business planning and financial analysis
- Bachelor Degree in Finance/Accounting required
- Demonstrated analytical skills and independent problem solving ability
- Results focused, ability to set priorities in own work and manages time effectively. Adjust priorities and actions rapidly when appropriate and meets deadlines without giving up quality
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, with proven ability to be clear and concise and to influence and understand their audience.
- Sound collaboration skills to build and maintain relationships with internal and external partners
- Must be a self-starter with a desire to promote and implement continuous improvement endeavors
- Must be highly proficient in Excel; SAP & Power BI experience a plus
- Must be legally eligible to work in the US on an on-going basis.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.