Want to work for a company that recognizes your individuality, passion, and gives you the opportunity to contribute in meaningful ways from day one? A company devoted to building and shaping your future, that was rated as a WayUp Top 100 internship program, and is a market leader in its industry with brands such as Baxter of California, Maybelline, Kiehl’s, Lancôme, and NYX? Then check out this summer internship opportunity with L’Oréal USA.
Our Information Technology team is looking for motivated interns who want to be at the intersection of business and technology, and lead their own project which will have direct impact on one of the world’s most innovative CPGs. At L’Oréal, we give our interns the space to explore, to have full time employee responsibilities, present their own insights to senior management, and to become future leaders.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Fully own an individual project with strategic business impact that you will present to senior management
- Become familiar with L’Oréal’s enterprise-wide systems and provide process improvement recommendations
- Network and learn about how technology supports multiple functions across the organization (Digital, Supply Chain, Finance, R&I and Marketing)
- Use your skills to surprise and delight the end user whether you have our consumer, our retail partner, or employee as your customer
- Determine the optimal methodologies, models, and applications for data organization and analysis
- Build and improve the technology blueprint for our company to ensure we are best-in-class across our technology teams
- Protect the data of our customers, partners, and employees
- Participate in formal and informal training
- Develop presentation skills and business acumen
Who You Are:
- You are a current 4-year degree college student graduating either Spring or Summer 2020
- You are pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field with a GPA of 3.0 or above
- You must be able to work the entirety of the 11 week summer internship program, starting on May 29th and ending August 9th
- You are legally authorized to work in the US on a permanent ongoing basis without requiring sponsorship
- You are able to work in Northern New Jersey or New York City locations and have the flexibility to travel between both locations
- You thrive in a fast paced environment and can manage multiple projects simultaneously
- You are a self-starter with strong interpersonal and networking skills
- You are resourceful project manager who can move tasks forward through ambiguous situations
- You are able to work both collaboratively on group initiatives and autonomously on individual projects
- You have strong attention to detail analytically and are result oriented
- You have demonstrated leadership ability and interest in the area of technology through your extra-curricular activities and/or volunteer work
- You will be placed onto a team within one of these tracks:
- Retail IT – Responsible for all Retail experience for all brands at L’Oréal
- Digital IT – Develops the Digital presence for all our products and brands
- CyberSecurity – Assess all risk in the cyber space, to keep L’Oréal and their customers as secure as possible
- Strategy and Governance – Own all the budget, strategy, project management methodology that impacts the IT organization overall
- Business Applications – All eCommerce and other applications that support the revenue streams, manufacturing and supply chain operations of the company
Applications are due by February 28 at 11:59 PM EST.
Want to know more? Check out the links below!
We are an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V.