Want to work for a company that recognizes your individuality, passion, and gives you the opportunity to contribute in meaningful ways from day one? A company devoted to building and shaping your future, that was rated as a WayUp Top 100 internship program, and is a market leader in its industry with brands such as Baxter of California, Maybelline, Redken, Kiehl’s, Lancôme, and Urban Decay? Are you looking to pursue a career in HR and want to make a real business impact? Then check out this paid summer internship opportunity with L’Oréal USA, based in our USA Headquarters office located in New York, New York.
Our human resources teams are looking for high-performing and motivated summer interns to work on challenging and strategic projects, working alongside HR leaders. At L’Oréal, we give our interns full time employee responsibilities, with the space to explore and present their own insights to senior management. Our summer internship is the primary path for consideration into L’Oréal’s full-time Human Resources Leadership Development Program.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Own an individual project with strategic business impact that you present to senior leaders
- Analyze data, identify root causes, and recommend solutions for HR related business issues
- Experience hands-on HR generalist responsibilites, working with multiple HRIS and reporting systems
- Follow up and solicit feedback from employees on a regular basis with a “customer service” orientation and ability to escalate issues when appropriate
- Engage our teams in sharing best HR practices
- Network and learn about multiple functions (Marketing, Supply Chain, Finance, R&I and Sales)
- Participate in formal and informal training opportunities
Who You Are:
- You must be an enrolled, 4-year degree college student graduating in either the Spring or Summer of 2021
- You must be pursuing a bachelor’s degree with a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- You must have demonstrated leadership ability and interest in the area of HR through your academics, extra-curricular activities, or professional/volunteer work
- You must be legally authorized to work in the US on a permanent and ongoing future basis without requiring sponsorship
- You are able to work the entirety of the 11 week summer internship program in 2020, starting on May 28th and ending August 7th
- You must be within commuting distance of our USA Headquarters in New York City
- You thrive in a fast paced environment and can manage multiple projects simultaneously
- You are a self-starter with strong interpersonal and networking skills
- You are resourceful and can move projects along independently
- You are able to work both collaboratively on group initiatives and autonomously on individual projects
- You pay close attention to detail, are extremely organized, and are results oriented
- You offer a multifaceted approach to situations, providing creative and analytical solutions.
Want to know more? Check out the links below!
We are an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V.